Nom de Guerre F/W 08.09

sbw4224

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couldn't they shop out that outlet?

in all seriousness, the photos are boring as fuck, very much like american WWII cinema I'd probably sleep through this. . .

individual nice pieces though, as always.

edit: particularly curious about the boots.

NDG = will kop on sale

have you not read that their price points are dropping (rather significantly, i guess) starting with their stuff from s/s 08?

its nice to make it affordable for once, though for me lowering their prices so much without changing anything about manufacturing... i mean... it really exposes how suspect their whole marketing strategy is

arbitrarily inflating the prices of their pieces to appeal to a niche market, and once theyre in and a desirable brand, lower their prices and expand their stockists

a little bit of a turn off

I am friends with one of the owners of NDG and I can assure you this is not the reason for their pricing. It simply has to do with the resources they have available (read: funding) and the quantities/materials they are using. Their prices were so high before because they simply didn't have the proper funding to turn out such high quality clothing in large quantities and cheaply, so instead they chose to keep the same level of quality but do small batches and keep the prices high to cover costs.

Now they are more successful, sold in barneys, etc, and so they can afford to do things larger and more efficiently, thus lowering prices.

In fact, unlike most brands, I have respect for what they do- they take it seriously and want to produce quality, whatever the cost. nice that the cost is going down though...

Thanks for the info! Not only have they extended their reach into Barney's, but they're selling very well in the UK as well. I'm sure the overseas accounts are definitely making their business more credible.

I think once more pictures come out, especially the lookbook pictures and not these sample photos the clothes will look less sterile.

i dont understand their focus on outerwear

I'd imagine these are the earliest looks for their outerwear, as those are the items that will likely need the longest lead times for production, with the shirts and denim etc coming later on?

NDG haven't put this on their website yet, where are these pic's from?

Loving the jacket in look 4.

• 3 weeks later...

Our Spot in Sydney, Australia received their shipment on Friday.... reconstructed jkt hoods in blk kand grey... knits... safari shirts... t-shirts mid week...

The knit's a real suprise! Hopefully it's tougher than what was written on the last pg...