What did you design for Spring 06?

templeffectives

I'm a graphic design student who will be throwing down design for Temple Effectives spring 06 line.

I'm thinking some proven colors (black, khaki, olive green, charcoal or heather grey) and some fresh ones (neon green, orange, yellow, baroque brown, turquoise) into the mix. Should I look into other colors?

MAGIC AUGUST 2005: What do you guys think of the tees w/ the pattern print covering the entire t-shirt?

How about shorts for the spring line?

What types of jacket?

I'm thinking one hoody (if that), a track jacket, and a Nautica Competition/event jacket?

Let me know what you think. What did you do for your line?

Thanks!

TEMPLE EFFECTIVES FALL 2005 COLLECTION: DENIM | HOODIES | TRACK JACKETS | TEES | BEANIES | DJ BAGS

URL: http://www.temple-effectives.com

my drawings ended up in really darkly colored items with accesory in brigh, 80s colorways. (neon)

I think the all-over pattern is just following up on bape. think about it.. there is a reason its really hot.

i go for 1940-1950s drawings of machines, a more industrial look on things...

am i going straight for failure?

dress badly on purpose.

Quote: my drawings ended up in really darkly colored items with accesory in brigh, 80s colorways. (neon)

I think the all-over pattern is just following up on bape. think about it.. there is a reason its really hot.

i go for 1940-1950s drawings of machines, a more industrial look on things...

am i going straight for failure?

sounds more like straight for slimaneville

Quote:

just finished FALL 2006 on Fridayicon_smile_big.gif

I dunno...oil stains, some heavy grinding here and there, damage, repair, mostly mid to dark washes....sorry i don't do any tops designs, personally....

--- Original message by Blanc0 on Sep 7, 2005 02:12 PM

pictures? who do you design for?

This rant may or may not apply to any of you, but I'm in a critical mood so here it goes:

T-shirt design is the rap of the clothing world. The relativist worldview has taken over. The most degenerative perspective is not only held by the moronic status quo, but also by the majority of people who are thought to be "gifted." Art has been more plagued by relativism than any other field of interest. Now every fool who slaps some hip ebonic misspelling on a t-shirt is a clothing designer. Every half-wit with soulseek and fruity loops is a music producer. Every ne'erdowell with a urinal and a place to hang it is an artistic genius. Since everyone's so desperate to "obey their thirst" and be "unique," and our culture's qualitative standards have pretty much disappeard as a result of our obsession with equality, we can all be gifted artists without all of the hard work and natural talent that used to be considered precursor's to success in the art-world. I can't stand hearing people talk obout their clothing line, only to find out that they're talking about Fruit Of The Loom's clothing line with some added childish scribble. Why can't people just cop to being ordinary?

This rant may or may not apply to any of you, but I'm in a critical mood so here it goes:

T-shirt design is the rap of the clothing world. The relativist worldview has taken over. The most degenerative perspective is not only held by the moronic status quo, but also by the majority of people who are thought to be "gifted." Art has been more plagued by relativism than any other field of interest. Now every fool who slaps some hip ebonic misspelling on a t-shirt is a clothing designer. Every half-wit with soulseek and fruity loops is a music producer. Every ne'erdowell with a urinal and a place to hang it is an artistic genius. Since everyone's so desperate to "obey their thirst" and be "unique," and our culture's qualitative standards have pretty much disappeard as a result of our obsession with equality, we can all be gifted artists without all of the hard work and natural talent that used to be considered precursor's to success in the art-world. I can't stand hearing people talk obout their clothing line, only to find out that they're talking about Fruit Of The Loom's clothing line with some added childish scribble. Why can't people just cop to being ordinary?

Wild_-> Well, indeed right you are, but you haven't seen the drawing so you don't know my silhouette. Its more futuristic than what Slimane /And all the others/ is right now, but you are right. Haven't seen hedi doing anything closely resembling the 1940s industrial look... :)

And AmericanTemplar, you are absolutely right and I respect your viewpoint 100%. Just what I wanted to say in some way, except you did it. Thanks. ;)

dress badly on purpose.

My scetches were turned out to be quite great... so i figured i had to start to collect the materials and make the pieces... well the result was quite satifying.

A pale limo black hoodie with my own floral print in blue, a pocket on the left chest, and... on the shoulders i've put... don't know what it is called in English, but those things you would find on the shoulders of a M-65 jacket..

A purple cashmere cardigan; a pocket on the left chest and some floral coming out of the pocket... I'm really into leather (or suede) patches on the elbow after i've seen a crewneck by Hedi Slimane... So would it do well with some patches on the elbow? (the cardigan..)

Quote:

My scetches were turned out to be quite great... so i figured i had to start to collect the materials and make the pieces... well the result was quite satifying.

A pale limo black hoodie with my own floral print in blue, a pocket on the left chest, and... on the shoulders i've put... don't know what it is called in English, but those things you would find on the shoulders of a M-65 jacket..

A purple cashmere cardigan; a pocket on the left chest and some floral coming out of the pocket... I'm really into leather (or suede) patches on the elbow after i've seen a crewneck by Hedi Slimane... So would it do well with some patches on the elbow? (the cardigan..)

--- Original message by baizilla on Sep 8, 2005 10:28 AM

but those things you would find on the shoulders of a M-65 jacket..

^^^ epaulets

yes. this tshirt business is out of hand. its hard for me to stay motivated when bullshit like ed hardy is huge. but we will only create pieces we like with original art. i am wondering why people are lookign for design advice in this forum.

as a designer you either:

design for the masses and want to try to get rich....or,,,,

you make what you want bacause you have a vision and you like it. when it sells you have mixed emotions because you are not sure if people really get it or if you yourself have begun selling to the sheep