y's for men

classic

it's kinda like what miu miu is to prada -

targeting a younger demo graphic but still nice as hell.

haven't really looked at the y's stuff much, but it definitely has its own thing going on just

as Y-3 has its own unique thing going on being that it's adidas and Yamamoto combined.

have yall check the site yet? it's f'n crazy - adidas.com/y-3

dig.

Quote:

it's kinda like what miu miu is to prada -

targeting a younger demo graphic but still nice as hell.

haven't really looked at the y's stuff much, but it definitely has its own thing going on just

as Y-3 has its own unique thing going on being that it's adidas and Yamamoto combined.

have yall check the site yet? it's f'n crazy - adidas.com/y-3

--- Original message by stickykrylon on Sep 6, 2005 01:13 PM

ah thanks. what age range would you put the yohji yamamoto mainline at?

Quote:

The Y's line is a bit slimmer, and a lot more youth-oriented. Scarves, jeans, etc. I have never seen it for sale in the US, but I haven't been looking too hard.

As for raw denim, everytime you wash it, you lose a bit of indigo, so you're going to lose a little contrast with every wash. keep that in mind.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Sep 6, 2005 01:21 PM

how does the raw denim hold up under the accumulative grime? very curious about the idea and will definitely experiment.

the y's line is slimmer than y-3 or the main line?

His stuff I remember was always in the high range for couture, with some stuff really out there for prices. There were a few belts I remember that were in the $2000 range, cool stuff but not worth it IMO. Especially for faux-jeweled, chrome-plated belts that spelled out "Yamamoto". Other than that tho Yohji's stuff is decent, personally I'm more of an Undercover/CDG fan when it comes to Japanese couture however.

Y's was actually Yohji's original collection for both men and women, and the line that is now called the mainline was produced for an international audience, shown on the Paris catwalk. It's essentially a simpler more "basics" orientated line, but still v expensive, sometimes just as much as the mainline. Can be £300 for trousers, about £600 for jackets. There is a separate "division" of Y's called Y's at Work, which is a small, sort of utility wear collection, which also includes jeans (distressed by spotted horse). In my view, Y-3 has just about nothing to do with Yohji, it's an adidas line with his endorsement on it, nothing mroe. Having said that YY does sell it from their stores, and probably make huge amounts from it. I suspect it sunsidies to a large extent the mainline collections.

Quote:

Y's was actually Yohji's original collection for both men and women, and the line that is now called the mainline was produced for an international audience, shown on the Paris catwalk. It's essentially a simpler more "basics" orientated line, but still v expensive, sometimes just as much as the mainline. Can be £300 for trousers, about £600 for jackets. There is a separate "division" of Y's called Y's at Work, which is a small, sort of utility wear collection, which also includes jeans (distressed by spotted horse). In my view, Y-3 has just about nothing to do with Yohji, it's an adidas line with his endorsement on it, nothing mroe. Having said that YY does sell it from their stores, and probably make huge amounts from it. I suspect it sunsidies to a large extent the mainline collections.

--- Original message by leviathan on Sep 7, 2005 02:52 AM

very interesting. yeah, the pair of y's i got are from the y's at work - mark from spotted horse inside.

i sadly agree with you re. the adidas marriage.

• 8 months later...