What's Your Favourite Cocktail?

slight

Here are my current favourites I've been chugging down of late. The first is an ultimate summer afternoon pickup.

Yeponia:

30ml sake

30ml midori

30ml lime juice

dash of gomme to taste

shaken and dumped into a short.

Kanfetka:

30ml sake

15ml southern comfort

10ml guava liqueur

30ml cranberry juice

10ml gomme

fresh kiwifruit

4 lime wedges

muddle kiwifruit and lime in a boston, add the rest, shake and strain into a chilled martini.

One more for good measure. This one I've been making for the "um.. something fruity and sweet" indecisive crowd for the past couple of weeks. Works well for the summer season but still needs refinement...

Yagatka:

30ml Rubis (strawberry liqueur)

15ml chambord

15ml Absolut Rasberry (personally I use a home-made 3 berry infusion)

15ml apple juice

15ml cranberry juice

2 wedges of lime

handful of fresh strawberries

muddle strawberries and lime, add the rest of the ingredients then double strain over ice in a old-fashion (bucket glass). Garnish with a mint tip.

usually either Johnny or Jameson (depending on the night before), Bourbon (booker or basil hayden with a splash of water) when I know im gonna get dirty (i.e., eat pussy)...

sean_, what kind of friends you got that spring for the blue? a glass of blue at any respectable joint is ~$40...:eek:

I'm a big fan of classic cocktails, so here's one that's a polar opposite of Slight's recipes:

Toronto Cocktail

* 2¼ ounces rye whiskey (I use Rittenhouse 100-proof)

* ¾ ounce Fernet Branca

* 1 teaspoon sugar

* 1 dash Angostura bitters

Stir with ice, strain into chilled cocktail glass, garnish with orange twist, or flame a disc of orange zest for full effect.

Oh and Sean....

I might agree that a cocktail consisting of various fruit juices, vodka, rum, an umbrella and a Hello Kitty straw might seem to have some vaginal qualities, but that doesn't have to be the case. There are plenty of cocktails out there that are anything but sissy-drinks. Find a good bartender, drink brown and avoid straws.

cheers!

Here is the recipe for the best coffee martini I've ever had...

Coffee Martini:

30ml vodka (absolut will do, I use wyborowa)

30ml cream de cacao

10ml vanilla sugar syrup (monin flavouring will do if nothing else)

shot of espresso with 2 tea spoons of sugar dissolved in it.

Combine all in a boston, shake and strain into a chilled martini. Seriously, try it if you can. Soooo damn good.

Thanks to your negroni reccomedation in san fran, I got to get all messy with a super buxom skinny corny white chick in Palm Springs two days ago.

I was at the bar for a while because of the barbacks not knowing how to make it. Their confusion allowed me to be able to talk to some patrons and eventually this chick comes up and straight up compliments me on my sufu fit. I took a taste of the negroni which was nastilly mixed (bastards I swear left out the sweet vermouth + flamed squeezed zest oil) so I ended up giving it to her as a challenge. We had fun. I still need to get a better mixed negroni though.

Anyone heard of Sanbitters? Like a bitter san pelegrino mix? What cocktails are made from these?

K4Zu_JMi22w

Lychee Caprioska

2 teaspoons palm sugar

2 limes, cut into 8ths

1/2 cup tinned or fresh lychees

60ml vodka or Bacardi

½ cup crushed ice

Muddle the fruits together in a highball glass.

Pour into a cocktail shaker along with the vodka and ice.

Shake and pour into two glasses.

fin.