common projects ss08

onemancult

how are they 'cheap' versions of the lanvin captoes... because they didnt use patent leather on the toe? next line, you admitted they use the same manufacturer. and unless you have some weirdo gripes about cp quality, which is pretty great all across the board, then they're just ballsy. except maybe for folks that dont want some flashy patent on their toes on what is otherwise a nice spring/summer shoe.

theyre definitely not trying anything new this time around... im kind of into the dress shoe shape if only because OC shoes seem to be made to sort of shoddy standards.

My good friend OMC, you are inferring that I used the word "cheap" to express their quality, which I did not. I own two pairs of CPs and am happy with their quality. They are "cheap" versions of the Lanvin shoes because:

A.) They are more than likely less than half the price of the Lanvins

B.) They are 'cheap' in the sense that they are blatant ripoffs: i.e. petty, contemptible

On a separate note, I didn't say they were ugly either; I just think that it's somewhat despicable that a brand like CP would pretty obviously copy a design of a competitor, especially when both shoes are made by the same people. Also, fyi, they make a few Lanvins lowtops in this style without patent leather...........

cp1.jpg

1eba_1.JPG

It's not that I don't like them, I just think that coming from a brand that had no comparable substitutes in their previous lines, they could have had a few original ideas. Either way, there's nothing wrong with them; I might even buy a pair.....

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lucky_cloud, isn't that because the sole was very thin to begin with? did you put vibram / rubber on or did you wear them as they came?

the soles were thin, but that's why I had vibram heels and toppers put on right away. Which didn't stop the middle from splitting clean in half after a heavy rain soaking and an ill-advised spell near a heater. partly my own fault, but that just shouldn't happen.

i actually much prefer the CP court shoes to those lanvins, even if they are 90% the same. i am also not into the dress shoes at all, minus the black nylon? or whatever they are ones posted on the last page.

ive really never understood the hype behind this brand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
http://cgi.ebay.com/COMMON-PROJECTS-anamel-High-Top_W0QQitemZ330216964721QQihZ014QQcategoryZ63850QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Fake common projects are on the bay... Just can't believe it... I was thinking CP was quite low profile, well, not any more!

Dude has fake Raf/Hare/Diet Butcher/etc.

Nice find........ha hah