shittiest sufu music. worst waylt entries.

Guest jmatsu

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lllllllllllllll vbmenu_register("postmenu_679375", true);

superjunkie

reputation_pos.gif

common - southside feat. kanye west

i am jack's raging bile duct

sleazie ninja number 47 vbmenu_register("postmenu_679378", true);

superjunkie2K

Quote:

Originally Posted by lllllllllllllll viewpost.gif

common - southside feat. kanye west

fucking hell. common can eat a dick.

There isn't a question mark in your last post. But if you are refering to the phrase "if you can tell me what is bad about Voodoo, I'm all ears" then okay, I will tell you what I feel is bad about that album.

My main problem with this album is I feel the production for each song is decent, but together as an album they become quite repetitive since they sound similar. You really feel all these songs put together create a classic album?

There's something D'Angelo's vocals that doesn't do it for me either, he sort of mumbles everything that comes out of his mouth. Maybe that's from his years of drug abuse, ODB steez. What happened to actually singing?

Also Redman and Method Man sound out of place on that track Left and Right. They're good MCs, but they're clowns and don't fit in with the rest of the records.

If he didn't do that video naked, would people even still be caring about this album. Probably not.

voodoo is an increidble album. i think notesee is hating on it because d'angelo makes an easy target for being sexy as fuck. i blew this album off for a long time because of d'angelos too smooth demeanor. then when i saw belly and heard devil's pies, i had to recheck it. theres not a single bad moment on this entire album. its fucking genuis. red and meth fit in great and primo production on an r&b album is awesome. love brown sugar, too. but voodoo is by far the best thing in recent r&b. not liking that album just means you must hate getting laid.

voodoo is an increidble album. i think notesee is hating on it because d'angelo makes an easy target for being sexy as fuck.

not liking that album just means you must hate getting laid.

I was hoping this guy was being sarcasting when he typed this up. But he was not.

Waaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute. Common is good. Hating on common is completely unnecessary. Though Im not a fan of finding forever. However, southside is a good song. The people who actually listen and know rap should judge if the rap posted is wack. I have no comments on the others listed tho there are songs I like on some of those albums. That Dangelo album and especially Brown Sugar CLASSICS.

notesee: i cant imagine that youve actually heard the record. its so fucking good. it boggles the mind that you would pick that out a thread filled with generic music. its just baffling. thanks for -rep though. what do you listen to?

common MADE good music and WAS good live. his last two records are bland as fuck and his live show is heinous. i have checked him out on every tour since like water for chocolate. he was even good when playing electric circus material and that album was god awful. then when be came out his show turned into ghetto performance art (only without the acting ability) and by the time he toured finding forever he was on some interpetitive dance/contemplative soliliquay shit. nigga think he othello. i guess if jeremy piven likes it, its awesome, but i think dude got terrible.

Guest Methimphibian

Common is a good artist, one of the recent artist that actually makes real hip-hop music, unlike kanye's take on hip-hop which just translates to pop music and not hip hop. Not that kanye sucks, I think his music is ok, but he's definitely an asshat.

common dress stoopid but his shits nice. resurrection is rly rly good. like water for chocolate one day itll all make sense is good. be is little good

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QeU-OhDEsHs

this shit rly good

*edit: oh yeah and meth common isnt "recent". his first lp came out 93-92. resurrection is def his best work and it be 94. if you think hes good off his finding forever and be jawns then you need to do sum diggin

im not one for distinction between real hip hop and whatever you call anything that doesnt fit into that narrow-ass category, but common certainly no longer makes real hip hop. he makes "real" hip hop. the quotation marks were added when some bitchass record exec thought to himself "hey, kids like arguing over what hip hop is real and what isn't, im going to find me someone with some cultural credibility and neuter any antiestablishment message he has so he can be mass marketed to kids with predictable taste. we will make million of this because its 'real'". coke and gap commercials soon followed, then sponsorship from lincoln navigator and minor rolls in blockbuster films so everyone would keep his name in their mouth. i wouldnt be all that mad about it or have much to say at all if he would stop making generically "real" music that sounds like it was ghost written by a focus group of white pre-teens. he also is doing his best to drag everyone down with him into some easily consumable back-to-the-essence bullshit subgenre where terrible fashion sense and massive pseudospiritual egos are requisite.

Guest Methimphibian
common dress stoopid but his shits nice. resurrection is rly rly good. like water for chocolate one day itll all make sense is good. be is little good

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QeU-OhDEsHs

this shit rly good

*edit: oh yeah and meth common isnt "recent". his first lp came out 93-92. resurrection is def his best work and it be 94. if you think hes good off his finding forever and be jawns then you need to do sum diggin

Edit: It doesn't really matter, I never spoke down on Common, I said he was a good artist, I didn't say it was necessarily because of finding forever/Be but all together a good artist.