My first Visvim purchase... FBT Detailed Observation

Quote:

Who's sad? I'm happy there are still people that try to prove their superiority by calling out strangers on the internet.

And according to this thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=3966

your favorite shoes are Visvims. So maybe you are a little bit sad, too?

--- Original message by bargecharge on Aug 31, 2005 10:36 AM

They are my favorite shoe.

I think it's sad that Udftd made them acceptable.

How did my dictate last night?

Personally I thought the Undftd collabs were kinda bad. I could not justify paying more that $350 for shoes that are "collab" + aren't too special either. When I first tried on Visvims, they felt horribly uncomfortable but after I loosened them up a little, they felt just fine.

If you got the sand collor suede FBT/FBT2 I would definitely put some sort of protection stuff on it and buy a suede cleaner thing. I didn't want to get the staind suded look on my FBT shakers so I got them in balck instead. The $50 Nike Classics are much more worth it as "beater" suede shoes that look pretty good with denim.

i wouldn't say UNDFTD made them acceptable. UNDFTD sold visvims before the black/red collab. so did other stores like GDFT 1.5 years back before nomad.

"it's just a phase and you know damn well that you'll fall off in a minute cause that shit don't sell"

Quote:

i wouldn't say UNDFTD made them acceptable. UNDFTD sold visvims before the black/red collab. so did other stores like GDFT 1.5 years back before nomad.

--- Original message by sr20det on Aug 31, 2005 04:16 PM

Undftd has been selling Visvim from the start - not just for a year and half.

I'm talking about the FBT designed by Undftd. They flew of the shelfs and on to ebay at twice their cost. That's a fucking fact jack.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by sr20det on Aug 31, 2005 04:16 PM

Undftd has been selling Visvim from the start - not just for a year and half.

I'm talking about the FBT designed by Undftd. They flew of the shelfs and on to ebay at twice their cost. That's a fucking fact jack.

--- Original message by Air Macks on Aug 31, 2005 04:19 PM

i never said that. i said GDFT sold visvim 1.5 years back.

and i know they flew off the shelves. a few of us asked jup for a hook b4 they released. the collab was discussed here b4 it dropped.

"it's just a phase and you know damn well that you'll fall off in a minute cause that shit don't sell"

Edited by sr20det on Aug 31, 2005 at 04:22 PM

Okay, I don't know what GDFT is.

So it was just coincidence they undftd visvim flew off the shelf? It's an ugly design, almost as bad as the Shakers. I think they sold becasue of undftd's name, period. And undftd gave the FBT cachet which has carried over to the other FBTs.

GDFT = GOODFOOT

you're right it sold due to the name and i'm betting resellers bought 90% of the stock for that purpose. but i still doubt UNDFTD is solely responsible for visvim coming into the limelight. in fact, i would thank UNDFTD because they had some good visvims on sale 1 year back.

Edited by sr20det on Aug 31, 2005 at 04:51 PM

Quote:

GDFT = GOODFOOT

you're right it sold due to the name and i'm betting resellers bought 90% of the stock for that purpose. but i still doubt UNDFTD is solely responsible for visvim coming into the limelight. in fact, i would thank UNDFTD because they had some good visvims on sale 1 year back.

--- Original message by sr20det on Aug 31, 2005 04:50 PM

Okay.. I guess you agree with me. icon_smile.gif

I can only speak for myself on the fact that I liked the FBT design before the collab with Undefeated. Like I said in the other thread, the beinghunted article on the brand a while back is what caught my interest. The Undftd X Visvim FBT is not appealing to me because I wouldn't buy an all black model of this shoe, much less an all black model that is a couple hundred dollars more just because of hype.

follow this simple guide... Buy what YOU like