australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

good luck D icon14.gif

I remember you being rather choosy regarding leather appearance etc, so i'm interested why you like the lad jackets? it looks super cheap/tacky imo. I remember u thinking the zambesi also looked bad but I think looks better quality than this?

kino I'd exchange it for a smaller size if you can, getting the shoulders altered is expensive and leather tailoring is difficult. I wouldn't advise getting the shoulder pads removed, it's a tailored style coat so it wouldn't look right without them.

50 the zambesi one was a real piece of shit, partially lined and the leather looked and felt like cheap vinyl. the lad one doesn't look cheap or tacky at all imo, it reminds me of schott or some other old school high quality leather jacket but with an impeccable slim modern cut. I love washed leathers like what RO, _7, obscur, etc. do but I would like a more traditional leather jacket too.

yeah, there's that too. you saw how shit the _7 red leather jacket looked in the auction picture taken with the flash, same effect.

fuuma did have some pics of his diagonal zip lad moto but looks like he took them down, here are some pics of the leather Tyler sold recently (should have got a 42, looks too loose on him imo).

haha, will do sir. well it depends if I get a grad job too, otherwise I'll have to be a vagabond for a year. :o

I know what you mean about shiny leather 50 but case in point is the pics of the classic _7 rider in this thread, terrible pics taken with flash but the leather is absolutely sumptuous in person.

I guess I expect any label to take more control over this kind of finish. 'too much flash' is a bad excuse really... it's a representation on their whole brand.. and to me the leather is the weakest part. don't mean to be harsh but compared to say julius or ro or damir it seems like a bit of an aftertought.

I see what u mean with the _7 pics w/ flash but I can still see how amazing it is :D

I always felt that the leather (along with their tailored pieces) was the strongest part of lad's line up, rock 'n roll haha. yeah the runway pics make it look overly shiny but the detailed pics on the webstore should be a better indication of the quality. honestly man the quality of RO and DD leather isn't anything to write home about, you're paying for the design and (in particular) the label .

wish I hadn't deleted the pics from my _7 rider sale thread, some of the macro pics of the leather were truly stunning. :(

I dig that lad perfecto D, gloves look cool as well. Trying to a find dope perfecto vest lately, don't want to pay rick prices for something i think i could find cheaper though. Any Suggestions?

dude cop that milk blistered perfecto vest on ebay!!!!!!!

Its pretty nice, but i don't want to spend that much on a vest. (thinking like $600 max really) and i really want a black one.

Maybe i'll just try find a vintage one somewhere, getting a vest to fit well shouldn't be too hard.

Its pretty nice, but i don't want to spend that much on a vest. (thinking like $600 max really) and i really want a black one.

Maybe i'll just try find a vintage one somewhere, getting a vest to fit well shouldn't be too hard.

hmmmm:cool::P

whats this outside you speak of T? :o

Had a really great response for the site which makes Selkies and myself very excited that people are taking so well to it all.

We plan on the site growing A LOT over time and we only see this as the begining of what we hope will be Australias offering of service and quality to the world.

Comments and communication on the website comments is exactly what we wanted to achieve. Sufu being down most probably helped, but keep it up as we hope to build a community around the gallery.

Thanks again mangs :)

i think we just hit next level?