australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Can't say i'm ultra keen about that coat JV. Perhaps would consider if in black but the colour/cut is questionable. I say wait for something better to come up.

Does anyone know where I can cop BBS for a good price? I love the below cardigan and want v much.

Picture3.png

I still like that macintosh... LVR has had one in in pearl for over a year now... http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=0EH15&des=250&cat=&gender=men&group=&season=sale&seasProdID=47I At 50% off is still $900... and I know I wouldn't wear it often enough for that to be a good idea.

i think i;ve decided that a mac coat is the type of coat i'm primarily looking for right now. at least for a light, brisbane weather coat.

i look at the pic and cut the collar off and i love it...

then i scroll up and it throws me off... i'd like it more if the collar was rounded

i'm happy to pay that price for a coat cuz i know ill get alot of wear out of it... and from what i gather you'd be wearing for work right ivan?

I really like some of those coats, but I wanted something a little longer than my CM parka. The pic of that RO coat that 50 posted waaay back from the above show is spot on, and if I could find one of those, I would have a tough choice on my hands.

And yes, I would be wearing it to work occasionally, but I want something that I can wear elsewhere. Check out Atelier's web site and have a look at the coat I posted, the collar is really quite versatile.

Off the runway the pieces look so amazing and so easily transferable into real life... apart from maybe the dress and horn neck piece hah along with other obvious theatrical pieces.

jbone haha, reallllly? I think you're right but taking a texta to them doesn't seem right yet. Perhaps when they are a bit more worn in...

Ivans i'd be choosing RO over ma+... I think it has a better personality. But the designers visions are fairly different so I guess whatever resonates with you best. All be it a strange thing to say , I personally think ma+ is a brand that doesn't work well with people in their 20's.

avantster and snafu rock it pretty well, but yeh I agree that it works better on the older dudes. tbh while I admire the work of MA+ and CCP I've never felt compelled to actually own any of their pieces, interesting conceptually but as items of clothing they don't really appeal to me. well, except maybe a pair of CCP side zips :o.

in 3 months time from the US/Europe/Japan? either that or pay rape prices for them at assin/zekka in 6 months time :P. while the RO coats look great on the runway I've hardly been impressed by the showroom pics I've seen, I think his tailored pieces could still use a lot of work...

I really like the blazer in this pic Here

And the runway shot looks even better.

Was there a similar blazer from strutter? tbh alot of his stuff becomes a blur after looking at so many different collections, so I can't remember where I saw the pic. I think you posted a link to a photobucket or flicker page D.

wasn't this was it?

as for ma+ i feel it is a label easily worn by young adults and even teenagers like snafu.. I think you may be viewing too many pics of late 20yo early 30's wearing them, i feel it is quite easily transferable to someone my age. In fact i think it looks great on me, imo haha

D! i surely hope that your opinion of ccp clothing changes when you walk into Lift Ecru :)

the long cardigans are nice, really delicate and light wool though (this season they are particularly sheer).

J I've seen and tried on a fair few ccp and ma+ pieces at EM and LEFT, as well as seen plenty of pieces online. interesting in terms of the construction and experimentation, but yeh very little I would drop coin on even if I were ballin' outta control haha (except the CCP side zips of course ;)). I did like the nail ring too, however I need a size 53 ring (US 6.5, Japanese 13) so that basically rules out any mens designer jewellery for me...

Hey tyro im currently taking the jewellery short course run by TAFE here. Recommend it, but ill need to drop coin on some equipment and chemicals to start producing stuff. Wow duncan has come a long way, they dont really get into the 'finishing' aspects of jewellery such as oxidising, but they do help in that regard if you ask them.

Flock - what would you suggest then? Because I dont want to be paying some hefty tax on it. Is Oki-Ni down with marking down the value of packages?

Hey tyro im currently taking the jewellery short course run by TAFE here. Recommend it, but ill need to drop coin on some equipment and chemicals to start producing stuff. Wow duncan has come a long way, they dont really get into the 'finishing' aspects of jewellery such as oxidising, but they do help in that regard if you ask them.

Flock - what would you suggest then? Because I dont want to be paying some hefty tax on it. Is Oki-Ni down with marking down the value of packages?

yeah not sure if I'm really that interested in producing things in any volume, just think it would be interesting. Duncan also studied industrial design, so may have been more advanced than your average schmuck like me...

jewellery course does look interesting but feeling pretty burnt out of uni and study in general at this point so doubt I'd have the patience for it atm :o, perhaps you could make something for me T ;). any particular pieces you keen to make or just interested in learning about it?