australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Ajax niceeeeee, i want to see pics of that jacket 6 months from now when you have beat the shit out of it to perfection. Nothing better than looking like a bum from the future - its my entire style philosophy.

haha!

haha too bad sev3n, I wanted 7 for yurius geekiness/ lucky number :P. hope all you aussie guys that put your name down for the jacket have contacted bt to put down your deposits ;).

jbone I let go of the parka because I don't like zippered coats that much, prefer something single breasted with buttons (preferably concealed).

nice cop on the JL lame basics mel, would have bought some too if my skin wasn't so sensitive to the hairs :o. you get both colours?

good to hear you got the dick leather A, how's the fit, leather, etc.? haha, I take it they sent it via FedEx? shit is fast but goes via a crazy route...

jacket is heavier than i thought

leather is soft, feels strong, and has a nice texture and the colour is amazing (i bought some leather hides to make my own jacket, but this leather is soo much nicer

fit is great, a bit tight in the elbow area at the moment, but will probably loosen up. only thing that is sorta bugging me is the collar, it doesnt look so high on most of the people, but it is! and it doesnt want to sit right

it was sent via UPS: here is the route: TESSERA,IT -> KOELN(COLOGNE),DE -> DUBAI,AE -> BANGKOK,TH -> DON MUANG,TH -> CHANGI,SG -> ASCOT VALE, VIC,AU

Ivan apparently the fit on that one is kinda off compared to the O_V tank, don't really like the thick ribbing on either. I'd pass on OV tanks in general seeing as the price of them is very close to the EU prices for RO tanks, might be worth picking up if bt sells them at a good price to us aussies though ;)

yeah the fw RO leathers are quite heavy, I prefer the washed ss leathers better because they're nylon thin but incredibly soft. the leather will stretch at the elbow (probably more than you'll want it too) as the arms are cut straight, unlike certain other labels that have anatomically cut arms :cool:. looking forward to seeing pics of the jacket, will look amazing after it's a bit dirty/tarnished looking icon14.gif. looks like UPS is just as crazy as FedEx, dunno how they figure that to be the most cost effective route haha.

definitely bt, the gloves I ordered were made from one of the softest and nicest knits I've ever handled. just make sure you get the measurements right :o.

jbone no doubt it's a really nice coat, I just prefer buttons to a zip.

impulse purchases my friend :o. I do try and plan my purchases as well as possible to avoid needing to resell in the future, however most of the pieces I end up selling are due to sizing issues. my 2 cop list has been cut down fairly significantly, trying to limit myself to pieces that will stay in my closet for at least a good couple of years.

I don't exactly have the income for it either (always a student concept), just if I get it into my head that I really want a piece I may end up copping even if I know I shouldn't. many pieces I end up selling are ones I really like but I just don't end up wearing as I'm not satisfied with the way it fits, best example of which would be that incredible Julius moto rider I sold :(.

pm on the way bt :cool:

too true about enjoying wearing whatever you like when you're still young. I think pieces like a good leather jacket, solid outerwear and quality basics are timeless enough to wear regardless of age, for example I think kunk and faust looks great when rocking their rick leathers. that said I don't see myself wearing my waxed black julius sith hoodie when I'm 40 haha, some things you'd need to tone down.

Yeah you're only young once so cop all the jawnz while you can! esp when you get married etc, gotta mortgage a house, spawning babies and so on - epic fail.

Nah D, i only got the black one.. they dont have the burgundy/maroon in stock :( I will try other DJs (chatswood/bondi) soon

jbone, yeah i got the JL @ DJs in the city but there are only 2 pieces left. 1 small (the stitching near the neckline was coming off) and 1 medium. Both in black.

haha, you've just gotta make sure you're pulling the salary to keep affording the jawns you want with the extra responsibilities mel ;).

haze the jl basics are angora wool s/s tees that Jack London has produced this season, great quality and cut for the price icon14.gif.

hazE - personally I prefer the cut over CON basics and its a lil cheaper too ($70)

man all this talk about the obscur leather + the individually numbered jackets make me want one bad. Aaron, your leather looks fucking sick dude.. just make sure you wear the shit out of it.