australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

hey guys,

I'm gonna be comign down to melbourne for a weekend to hit the clubs, was wondering if anyone has recommendations for clubs that are superbly asian friendly (e.g lotsa hot petite asian girls)?

where are you asian guys going that isnt asian friendly? This isnt the 1930s... If you go to any where in the CBD I guarantee you wont be the only asian person there.

yeah I feel that area is in between peaks at the moment... maybe in another 5 years there will be some more good places there.

You could always head up to Victoria street for Viet

dropped by CM today, the current mens A/W collection has been completed however they did have some recuts of last seasons dual layered leather hoodie available as they had excess fabric.

I had a chance to talk to cale about the second A/W collection, while nothing is definite yet there are should be some interesting pieces on the way. they'll be producing new basics in cotton/wool jersey, as well as a fabric bomber (most likely a lined wool/cotton blend). they'll also be making a pair of skinny trouser style pants, as well as a variety of jeans in new cuts and washes. of particular note (for me anyway) is that they're going to be producing jeans in both dark grey and waxed black denim, most likely in the lizzie cut. fucking stoked, definitely a must cop for me :D:D:D.

talked briefly about the S/S collection, their doing a paneled fabric/leather combination bomber as well as some new basics. basics will include some more dual layer cotton/cashmere pieces, as well as some pieces that feature a sheer jersey inner layer with an outer layer made from a heavier jersey.

D you are like CM info king. Good work scoping. The dark grey totally interests me... fingers crossed this shit happens. As for the waxed denim I'm still really unsure if i'm into it or not. Feels a bit too 'trendy' for me. That being said their was a nice pair on sale at chiodo with a slight wax finish hanging at the window. Didn't scope brand though.

In other news guys who aren't familiar should check out www.academyformen.com.au it's a really well put together web publication from Melb aimed at us dudes. Issue 3 should be out soon.

Still haven't had time to scope the CM knit yet. Although I should stop copping and start saving to bail overseas.

depends on how heavy the waxing is imo. dior luster style heavy caked on wax is definitely too much and looks really tacky, however more subtle waxing like on julian red black tarnish jeans or the waxed cotton Julius makes looks great.

it can't be too subtle though, I can barely distinguish between drkshdw waxed denim and regular denim by looking at them, only thing that really distinguishes the drkshdw waxed denim is the grimy feel haha. btw the waxed denim at chiodo are superfine, nice denim but hella expensive and the cut isn't anywhere near slim by Melbourne standards.

in other CM related news they bought 4 CP models this season:

- black perforated achilles lows

- black perforated achilles mids

- white perforated achilles lows with top strap

- sand coloured chukka boot things

there was also talk of a new high waisted mens cut for S/S, interested to see how they turn out but they're definitely not for me.

ahhh yes, superfine. I do remember looking at the label through the window now. I get what you mean re thickness though and would only go for a subtle if any like.

Here's the length on the new CM double layer if anyone interested. I decided not to sell now, kinda convinced myself not too after taking the pics.

CMDOUBLELAYER.jpg

depends on how heavy the waxing is imo. dior luster style heavy caked on wax is definitely too much and looks really tacky, however more subtle waxing like on julian red black tarnish jeans or the waxed cotton Julius makes looks great.

will cop grey and waxed... dang, too much coming up

ahhh yes, superfine. I do remember looking at the label through the window now. I get what you mean re thickness though and would only go for a subtle if any like.

Here's the length on the new CM double layer if anyone interested. I decided not to sell now, kinda convinced myself not too after taking the pics.

50 fit looks good, keep that shit

yes D is correct they are lizzies basically my uniform jeans for everyday hah.

Thanks T although I would love for it to be at least and inch longer. When you see how long my legs are the silhouette gets a bit thrown off. I need to wear a long tank for it to balance... or maybe i'm just paranoid.

Yeah the footwear is all behind schedule, should arrive monday i believe.. Well thats what ive been informed.

We only have done a small order of the footwear. Pm me some pics and sizes and i can see if i can order you a pair for a good price of course :)

went to the fat sale today, didnt get anything though

there was:

- massive selection of goorin hats, 10$ each

- box of gloves in cotton and cheap leather, 10/15$ each cant remember

- a bunch (seriously alot) of asuza and schwipe shit

- few pairs hem and haw shorts/shirts etc

- a fair few life with bird stuff, including a ncie basic sweater 70$

- alot of girl stuff that i didnt really take a good browse through

- some women's bags incuding the TV trash bag for 90$ and lifewithbird bags 70$

the jeans that were there:

- hells bells in various colours, 90$ each, sizes 24/25/26 (too small for me...) and 34/36 (too big for me...). good discount though if you can fit

- nudies in various washes, 110$ each

- madddd cheap mondays everywhere, $50 bux each, many sizes

- sass and bide jeans, 20$

- levi's apparently $30 i think? i didnt see any for sale though

- limitd selection of ksubi jeans, $100

- claude maus jeans, forget what cut, but were a dark wash in size 6 and 8 womens... i dont knwo what that translates to in mens size, ~$100 cant remember

overall, not worth it unless you want some cheap jeans and can fit. my friend did cop a nice lifewithbird bag for $40, down from $220 though