australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

aha, and then arises the question of stylist involvement and the underlying motivation behind the purchase of certain labels to maintain the movie star mystique...

but I digress, so yes, jude law and brad pitt are actors I like and generally, they can even make balmain look good. seems to me via anecdotes that jude does a lot of his own shopping, and he does have a more varied wardrobe in touch with popular aesthetics than brad.

I wanna see either of them in the CCP gloved hi-collar though :D

no doubt Jude is a steezy dude, he looks far better in his Julius leather though haha. relating to what celebs wear, why are you frequenting these sites Rob? :P

lol damien, your search-fu is pretty good as well to dig up jude in _7. the true color of the jut comes across nicely in side profile pic of him crossing the street. the mosaic over the kid's face just made me think of sordid sex offender documentaries though.

and he doesn't have pointy shoulders with the jut. paprik, pinoy and myself (all size 3) all have pointy shoulders =_=

heh, I remember someone linked another set of pics on SZ a while back so figured I'd have a quick search through Rob's link. ;)

pointy shoulders are due to the washed leather, just need to break it mang.

Thanks Nick, Rob and D. Appreciate it guys.

I was going to mention it before but thought I would of sounded like a dick. LOL. But I looked good in the leathers I tried on at Zekka, particularly the ss10 julius moto and a DD leather (suprised me how good this was), so they do 'suit me' I believe. So it's not about not trying things on, as I would definitely try before cop. But it's more about how a leather jacket isn't on my mind when I think about an outfit. For example: I'd be wearing some of my clothes and think "damn this would look really good with some beat up derbies".

That being said, I still do believe it's a wardrobe staple that I need to get into my arsenal. I just don't want it to turn out like my CoN leather jacket my girlfriend got me...still in the suit bag. Which leads me to another point. Do you guys like it when people buy you clothing...? I feel like I can't get rid of it years later cause of sentimental value even if I'll never wear it.

FW10 rider. Nick you're right, I've consistently liked the piece since I saw the runway pics months ago. However there are many, many, many other leathers on my mind too. Just that the ones I like more 'design' wise all have fabric integrated into them...and I'm not a fan of fabric and leather.

Can anyone recommend some slim black high tops? I've already got CP Achilles mids and Chucks.. But both are worn to the shits now..

Ann Demeulemeester. Sounds exactly like what you need. :D

Which I believe you can procure from Adam! It all works out haha!

That leather looks bad ass.

and I sent a PM about the bag...

yeah, ELSCOOBIEDO always has a super-wide variety of stuff, let us know how it goes for you mang.

Can anyone recommend some slim black high tops? I've already got CP Achilles mids and Chucks.. But both are worn to the shits now..

shilent, why don't you try SILENT's black high tops? lol

Do you guys like it when people buy you clothing...? I feel like I can't get rid of it years later cause of sentimental value even if I'll never wear it.

Rob, I didn't mean "go to Zekka to try on stuff and cop from other stores" but more like going there to try different leathers and perhaps inform your future purchase decisions. I think it's perfectly fine to do so.

I think you should at least consider that maybe you just aren't a leather outerwear person. there are lots of people who don't own leather jackets that still manage to build a great wardrobe, e.g. wire.artist (I dislike his aesthetic immensely, but I respect how he is sticking true to his personal sense) and jogu. I think it's kind of weird for you to say that you're not a leather and fabric fan when all you can think of is leather + fabric, like you're holding onto an ingrained perspective that leather + fabric is bad, you seem to like it well enough.

as for clothing from others... I kind of hate it especially since most people tend to gift what they think you would like, rather than invest themselves into it, they pour their biased perspective of you into the gift. however everything I wear at home is almost inevitably some kind of christmas present from aunts. :D

ahha, sometimes i wish not to talk about ccp for a week at all!

why are you frequenting these sites Rob? :P

i was reading tfs.. and funnily, it lead me to jude law thread.. lol.. but mainly because it's runner/crouka posting there.. and triying to discuss ccp with him.

anyway, alot of things he describe about ccp 09 prior dint make any sense to me. now, after handling and knowing enough, so i decided to re-read again what he wrote, it made so much sense, and made me appreciate the 09 collection more.

aah, the pricing subject again.

i don't think it's simple to categorize ppl who support ccp into that said two categories... it's more diverse than that... i assure you, half of ccp's entire market are in japan, and they are not necessarily the ones who just want to spend on expensive good to look like millionaire.. look at their y!, it does say something about their market.

it's not about jude law or brad pitt or whoever is wearing ccp, sometimes, it's nothing like this at all.. there are ppl who truly appreciate ccp because he is what he is, not because his price tags. and these people - baller and not quite baller alike.. i have met a few in real life, are slowly losing interest due to the internet and the rubbish.., the merit of this designer's work are all shadowed by trend and hype - and when i read what philip nod have said in the SZ .. it slowly ring a bell, and more or less how i felt about this subject about how ppl just kop what they read online, the whole accessibilty, trend etc.., (you know the stupid dropcrotch + belt).. it made these labels, no different like those fast fashion labels..

anyway, mind too unorganized atm.. @.@ got to work on weekends,. ish.. venus/luke even smsed me to meet up.. have to bail again. : \

and. also. jude law rocked fencing, the picture i linked are not necessarily the best of it, but if you looked at other pictures from another page.. it's good. (ignore pricing discussion)

*** and yeah, i think i wanna do some investment on shares.. anyone here plays?

and.. oh... ELSCOOBIEDO is one a hella steezy lady in melbourne.......... ;)

I think you should at least consider that maybe you just aren't a leather outerwear person. there are lots of people who don't own leather jackets that still manage to build a great wardrobe, e.g. wire.artist (I dislike his aesthetic immensely, but I respect how he is sticking true to his personal sense) and jogu. I think it's kind of weird for you to say that you're not a leather and fabric fan when all you can think of is leather + fabric, like you're holding onto an ingrained perspective that leather + fabric is bad, you seem to like it well enough.

Hmm, what do you mean? I meant that I don't like leather jackets with fabric on them. Like bomber leathers. More specifically I would of copped this if it weren't for how much leather was on the sleeves. I like leather, I like fabric, but generally just not on the same piece together.

Yeah I've been considered it a lot that I might not be a leather outwear person. But a leather jacket is something that can really turn around an outfit imo. Similar to a pair of shoes. They really change an outfit. So I've always thought about getting one, just never pulled the trigger. If I end up copping a leather it'll be 'that nice pair of shoes everybody owns' that they only wear on special occasions.

hmm I should really pace my replies ~_~; I misread your post heh.

well, lots of leather x fabric pieces have equivalent all-leather versions. not that IS (the all-fabric is nice though!) - it reminds me of the FW08 damir doma leather. but come to think of it, I think your gravitation towards leather x fabric jackets is signaling a preference for perhaps a certain type of silhouette or cleanliness of design.

as for issues of CCP pricing, authorship, etc. I think I need to mull about it for a while.

ELSCOOBIEDO is a lady? I'd never have thought it from the sales items. I saw her fingernails in one of her sales threads, just thought it was a guy who likes to pick his nose a lot.

^ ROFL

RE: leather jackets - am I the only one that dig this doma SS10 leather? I would only cop it if its on sale though... and please don't show me the oki ni dude wearing it coz he just makes everything look shit. Thinking of emailing Frol from DD about it...

Oh and - check out this dude in red, and our sftm rafw runway :D:D We didn't know until after the show... such a champ - asked him so many questions about the DD show and how it was working with him etc.

^ Oh wow, that's awesome Melv. Would of been interesting conversation.

Sagaji just got a small neg rep in the seller's feedback thread and hasn't replied me on whether or not he's mailed my item. Let's hope this isn't a painful experience. :(

RE: leather jackets - am I the only one that dig this doma SS10 leather? I would only cop it if its on sale though... and please don't show me the oki ni dude wearing it coz he just makes everything look shit. Thinking of emailing Frol from DD about it...

Oh and - check out this dude in red, and our sftm rafw runway :D:D We didn't know until after the show... such a champ - asked him so many questions about the DD show and how it was working with him etc.

but where else on the internet would we be able to view the leather but oki-ni :D

looks like there is a black version on antonioli and atelier, I'm not sure if its the exact same jacket though, there is the large round neck opening but the pockets aren't as prominent on the earth colored jacket. I think the round neck is a very DD detail but not really my type, the texture of his washed leather works better in the earth colorway than black imho.

nice melv, any interesting anecdotes you can share with us?

Ah thanks for the antonioli/atelier link nick. I was trying to find more pictures of it before. Hmm... not big on the pocket design tbh. I really like that caramel/earth colourway though... Really curious to see the quality of the leather too. Might just wait till I go to Paris this September before I drop coins on big ticketed items.

RE: DD show - Ben said that it was held at this massive warehouse which was extremely hot with no aircon. Told us that Damir's choice of fabrics are absolutely insane - whole another level compared to Aus (as expected). Every piece looks great on/off the hanger and said that when you handle his garments you just know that its made well. He said that the show didn't go as well as Damir wanted to because of the humidity though. All the models were sweating badly and they were worried that the clothes won't flow nicely. Other than that, he told us how nice and down to earth Damir is as a person. Spoke to all the models and was really grateful for them etc. Ben lives in Syd and flew to Paris just for the show I think...

^ Yeah I can imagine the stress of seeing sweat patches on pants going down the runway haha!

Adding to the DD leather discussion. The one that I handled at Zekka has a double pocket design. So your hands can fit into the pockets at first, but inside the pocket is a zip that you can open to deepen it. Was quite interesting as it changed the shape of the jacket depending if it was zipped or not. Not that I need to mention but the leather was ridiculously soft and the fit pic up on the Zekka site doesn't do it justice. Really great irl. Recommend you getting your hands on some if you're interested Melv.

Yeah I've been considered it a lot that I might not be a leather outwear person.

almost have the same sentiment as ya @ leather jkts.. I am not as well, tbh, I am more of a casual laidback look guy like - hoodie/knit... leather jkts are abit too gangsta for me sometimes... only wear it, if "special" occasion as well... : \

Sagaji just got a small neg rep in the seller's feedback thread and hasn't replied me on whether or not he's mailed my item. Let's hope this isn't a painful experience. :(

yikes... well, haven't really deal with sagaji, but his really slow response, i noticed..

RE: DD show - Ben said that it was held at this massive warehouse which was extremely hot with no aircon. Told us that Damir's choice of fabrics are absolutely insane - whole another level compared to Aus (as expected). Every piece looks great on/off the hanger and said that when you handle his garments you just know that its made well. He said that the show didn't go as well as Damir wanted to because of the humidity though. All the models were sweating badly and they were worried that the clothes won't flow nicely. Other than that, he told us how nice and down to earth Damir is as a person. Spoke to all the models and was really grateful for them etc. Ben lives in Syd and flew to Paris just for the show I think...

awesome melv, thanks for sharing this with us!

sotm are really coming nicely.. icon14.gif hope to see a larger collection now.. any plans to do footwears? jewels? etc?

he can be a little bit slow with replies at times, but as far as things go he's legit so don't worry too much.

Not that I need to mention but the leather was ridiculously soft and the fit pic up on the Zekka site doesn't do it justice. Really great irl. Recommend you getting your hands on some if you're interested Melv.

That's great to hear man. I know I'm being silly but I was scared that the leather would be similar to CoN lulz. I might just shoot Frol an email and see if my size is available...

sotm are really coming nicely.. icon14.gif hope to see a larger collection now.. any plans to do footwears? jewels? etc?

Thanks Rob! RE: footwears, jewelery - never say never! I can say that a footwear range is definitely on the cards but we simply do not have the resources and capabilities to do so atm, maybe in a couple of seasons time when we have a bigger team perhaps? We're still taking baby steps to get our clothing range off the ground.

The deadline to create a new collection + producing the current season is actually really tight. To put it into context - sales cut off date for our summer collection Au Clair was 3rd week of May. We now have to produce all the garments for late August delivery - it is now the first week of June.. that leaves us around ~2 months? within that time we need to design our new AW collection, create samples, do the photo shoot and finish the look book to ensure late September showings... absolutely no room for mistakes - stress. But hey, seriously can't imagine myself doing anything else but this ;)

plenty enough! shrink wrap maybe, bubble wrap definitely no!

well pinoy seems convinced its because our shoulders are too wide.

Yeah I kinda have that problem with my _7 leather aswell. The shoulder fits well on my right shoulder but on my left it kinda pops up a bit over my shoulder.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u271/benny_tsangr/IMG_3753-1-1.jpg

Hopefully it moulds to my shoulder better over time coz I havn't gotten too many wears out of it.

Also I tried Mamasitas last night, had to wait in line for around 40 min before getting to the bar and then another 15-20 min to get a table.

The grilled fish taco was excellent, the highlight for me. The Mexican truffle Quesadilla was good too, the Mexican truffle is corn smut which is a disease of maize and tastes a bit like mushroom. I had the Chicken breast with red mole sauce as my main, the chicken was really tender and the sauce was fairly spicy but it just lacked a nice spicy aroma to it, I guess I'm just more used to asian spicy which normally has different types of aromas and flavours.

The menu online is old btw, their current menu is slightly updated for the mains.

Definately want to go back and try out more of their dishes.

Yeah I kinda have that problem with my _7 leather aswell. The shoulder fits well on my right shoulder but on my left it kinda pops up a bit over my shoulder.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u271/benny_tsangr/IMG_3753-1-1.jpg

Hopefully it moulds to my shoulder better over time coz I havn't gotten too many wears out of it.

Also I tried Mamasitas last night, had to wait in line for around 40 min before getting to the bar and then another 15-20 min to get a table.

comforting to hear that Ben, I've gotten a lot of use out of my jacket but given that it is washed leather, the shoulders are more obvious than on your nubuck. are you also one of those 'special occasion' leather wearers? :D

40 minutes to the bar and an hour total to the table? bloody hell man! at least the food seemed worth the wait. how was the bar? margaritas and such?

haha yeah I only have the opportunity to wear my leather on weekends, I bought it at the end of the cold weather last year and only got like 2 wears out of it before it got too hot haha. The weather this year in Melb has been shitty and inconsistent so I havn't had too many wears out of it coz I don't want to wear it in the rain :P.

At Mamasita, theres a line from level 1 all the way down the stairs the ENTIRE night.

The bar was good, heaps of margaritas, tequilas, mexican beers and such, my brother had a mojito and said it was really good, I'm actually trying to cut down on alcohol for a while so I just had a Mexican lime soda, forgot the brand name, but it was one of the best sodas I've had lol.