australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

^ Actually on the list it was meant to be ma+ backlace/ ma+ derbies but I'm not on my comp so I can't find the pic. But i really like those too, as well as the derbies with the extremely thin laces.

Yeah I really want the sneaks, but with this amount of money for me I'm not sure if I'll grow out of them. But...the sneaks are like white chocolate goodness! Argh~ cheers for the advice.

I would def get a leather jacket kuu.. easy choice. You just got the guidis recently so maybe wear the shit out of them first before you decide to cop another pair of boots. Or else you'll be having trouble choosing...

2nd choice would be the derbies/sneakers. But afaik you have a pair of RO sneaks yeh? so perhaps derbies would be better. I've only kept 1 pair for each style of shoes and sold the rest. This way I know I'll get more wear out of them and I become more attached to them because of it. I've got the avantins as my main boots, RO for sneaks, mihara for derbies, guidi 8holes laceup as my go-to-everyday boots (and when the weather is shit). Next in line would be the ccp/MA+/IS derbies for me.

You can't have all these super awesome jawnz and not have a decent leather jacket dude. Unless you're not into leather jackets like wireartist on SZ.

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Melv you hit it on the head. I'm not 100% sure if I'm a leather jacket type of guy? I think right now my main reason for getting a leather jacket is for the sake of having a decent leather? Like as a wardrobe staple, almost a necessity. Also, I naturally have an unfriendly aura...and a leather jacket probably won't make the situation any better. But regardless I'm definitely swinging for jacket at the moment, since I already got so many shoes.

^ Yeah you're right D, I got enough sneakers. But damn do I want that white chocolate goodness bad...

Jacket...then derbies...5k? I love life...

leather jackets aren't really for more dressy wear however you're definitely better off with a regular shirt style collar if you're planning on wearing it with a button up, shirt + moto collar is a definite no no. that said I'd still buy a moto collar over a basic collar any day, basic collar can look very old man-ish...

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Melv you hit it on the head. I'm not 100% sure if I'm a leather jacket type of guy? I think right now my main reason for getting a leather jacket is for the sake of having a decent leather? Like as a wardrobe staple, almost a necessity. Also, I naturally have an unfriendly aura...and a leather jacket probably won't make the situation any better. But regardless I'm definitely swinging for jacket at the moment, since I already got so many shoes.

^ Yeah you're right D, I got enough sneakers. But damn do I want that white chocolate goodness bad...

Jacket...then derbies...5k? I love life...

They are right, how can 1 not have a leather jacket? I am, not a big fan of that rider, so I never give much thought to it. And given it's just for the sake of having 1 leather jacket in the wardrobe, I feel there are better options out there. So far the fit pics are all very unimpressive, I suggest try before kop.

I still think derbies will come in time, not a big rush as they get re-issued : \ . As for ccp rubber dipped sneaks, well, they prolly won't get re-issued again, that's the whole point, if you missed out this time, not sure if there will be next time, they might come up some new sneakers or something however.:)

unimpressive unless you size down, imo it looks great on Christian. that said its not exactly my favourite Julius leather jacket (far from it in fact), however if he likes it I don't see why he should hesitate to cop. the design isn't a staple piece either, the last jacket that was vaguely similar was from FW07...

given that kuugaia has stated that he's got enough sneakers I don't think copping the ccp sneakers based on them being limited would be a worthy investment. ;)

It looks good on chant that's for sure. I still think he need to try these jackets on in person, it's not as simple as if chant can wear that jacket and look like that, so can he. Design wise as you said, isn't that staple, kuug should pick another leather jacket to compare. : \

But anyway, kugg, if it's filling all the necessity in the wardrobe, since you have alot of sneakers, then pass ccp sneaks, if you like it for what it is, not about having more sneaks, then it's worth think about it. Tbh, i will not say the ccp sneaks as regular sneaks, they are actually, just different.

yo Rob, just a random question man. ccp leather jackets are fully lined in cotton no? doesn't that make it difficult (well less smooth) to pull the sleeves on and off? can't really remember from the jackets that I've tried on as they were loose anyway...

the tag says line 100% cotton,

but my jacket, the body are lined in cotton, the sleeves are lined as silk, i believe

ah k, it might be cupro like on my coat.

yeah the smoother leather with minimal scarring/inconsistencies COIL-PTC/1010.

same leather as my derbies. :D

kuuRob, imho your backzip guidis are plenty versatile given your wardrobe, any more footwear for the sake of more footwear you're just getting less utility per dollar spent.

buy what you need, not what's rarest, if experience on the forums is anything to go by, opportunity to get that missed grail will always present itself to you in the future.

that being said if you're still not sure if you're a leather jacket type of guy, couldn't you go to zekka to try some on just to get a feel of things? I think the FW10 rider is pretty nice for a _7 rider, and your instinctual response to the runway show was "I like this jacket the most out of all of them" I see your opinion has not changed with time. you can either wait for zekka to bring in the jackets or have people post waywts with them before you decide to cop.

unimpressive fit pics vs trying in store: clothes lousy until proven good or clothes cool until proven bad? ;)

edit: and oh yeah, that fencing on jude law is meeeeeeeh. hardly the pic to change anyone's opinion on the fencing, looks kind of big on him since it flares out at his waist so much.

unimpressive fit pics vs trying in store: clothes lousy until proven good or clothes cool until proven bad? ;)

edit: and oh yeah, that fencing on jude law is meeeeeeeh. hardly the pic to change anyone's opinion on the fencing, looks kind of big on him since it flares out at his waist so much.

lulz, then what does that make this jacket? ;) still of the opinion that the only good fit of the fencing I've seen has been on venus in furs, and its hardly a $7K fit haha.

really tempted by the high collar intarsia, love high collar leather jackets. :o

lulz, then what does that make this jacket? ;) still of the opinion that the only good fit of the fencing I've seen has been on venus in furs, and its hardly a $7K fit haha.

really tempted by the high collar intarsia, love high collar leather jackets. :o

proof that even someone like so-ang can't make everything look instantly desirable? :P

but to be fair, anyone who browses sz would be aware that the leather is stiff and armor-like, I still think the leather is cool, but concede the fact that it'll probably wear most mortals.

the 5000 euro question is whether CCP is supported by people who go out online to research CCP fits/material/etc to inform their purchase decision or the nouveau-riche who does not have any background on the designer and purchases the item solely based on 30 minutes experience in-store?

yeah, really liked the FW09 version but most of the stores only picked it up in hammered lamb which felt like plastic imo. the calf leather version on LVR looks much nicer...

definitely the later Nick, just look at Jude and Brad...