australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

I do like that intarsia too P however I've always liked over the top high collars haha. really did quite like the cut of FW09 hammered lambskin version when I tried it even though it was slightly loose, the leather quality sucked though but apparently the f/w calf leathers are quite nice.

isn't Assin still the only RO mens stockist in Melbourne? not sure if they've even got SS10 stock in yet, its been a long time since I've visited...

klangspiel is selling the same cracked lambskin intarsia as the one on the 'bay, perhaps ask him for measurements? pretty sure an XS would be best for a slim 46 though.

crazy policy they have there, still nice to have the privilege of handling the collections in melbourne though. may not be in the country when it drops, at least I'd be able to check out FW10 though. :P

^ Agreed. This photo is just awkward.

To be honest, I find there are little differences between SS and AW stuff these days. It's not like you'll freeze wearing SS in winter. So Assin stocking for Australian climate is...admirable? But it just makes you feel backward...

^ Agreed. This photo is just awkward.

To be honest, I find there are little differences between SS and AW stuff these days. It's not like you'll freeze wearing SS in winter. So Assin stocking for Australian climate is...admirable? But it just makes you feel backward...

Given that their base customers are the ones who shop in-store, they need to have a decent climate-appropriate buy/selection for the store. No one will buy a heavy coat in summer.

yeah but surely these people with enough cash to splurge on luxury goods travel overseas on holiday or for work, just because they're willing to pay Assin's prices doesn't mean they have their head in the sand...

while on the subject of Assin's buys, their prices and arrival times, I don't for a moment believe that Assin orders say, RO FW10 in January 2010 only for RO/Assin to put the inventory away until February 2011 when the goods are available July~September 2010.

the whole setup just seems dodgy to me, no one in their right mind would pay full wholesale price for inventory at the time the inventory is made available only to sit on it for half a year. either they're getting 'old' inventory for cheaper and gouging their customers or they're running up overhead costs for the price of storage, the cost of which they pass on the consumers. either way, the only outcome is a lose for the consumer.

... doesn't mean they have their head in the sand...

Never even meant anything like that.

Given Assin are still operating as it is, I think I am safe to say they have different market and not all of us are.. They are obviously happy how they run. Their customers, who obviously doesn't have a problem paying Assin's price, and have no problem if it's 1 season late, nor probably care the labels even... they just go in try clothes and buy what they like and need. It can be just that simple.

well I bought one of those black Korean beanies from ebay. Will update with opinions when it arrives.

I have been looking for a slouchy fit black no brand beanie for a while. Decided I might as well just cop one of the korean ones.

Any recommendations for Mexican restaurants in Melb? Havn't been to any in the city, coz with mexican being a lot of sauces and dips, if it's dodgy it can be really bad lol. Would love some good chilli :D

Mamasita on Collins or Mad Mex in Prahan.

Used to crave Mexican food like crazy and decided to go to a Taco Bill, which turned out to be a truly horrible experience. Although be warned, Mamasita will prob have massive hype now since a few reviews have been published in the Age and else where but you won't be disappointed with it.

Mamasita on Collins or Mad Mex in Prahan.

Used to crave Mexican food like crazy and decided to go to a Taco Bill, which turned out to be a truly horrible experience. Although be warned, Mamasita will prob have massive hype now since a few reviews have been published in the Age and else where but you won't be disappointed with it.

I haven't been to mamasita but mad mex isn't that great in my humble opinion.

i have heard lots of great things about trippy taco in collingwood though, maybe try there...

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/761952/restaurant/Melbourne/Collingwood/Trippy-Taco-Fitzroy

Trrippy taco is pretty decent, the problem is that it's vegetarian

Mamasita was pretty good when I ate there. Not the best mexican i've ever had, but probably the best I've had in Melb. You'll have to go early or else you'll have to wait long or end up sitting at a crappy table

I have been looking for a slouchy fit black no brand beanie for a while. Decided I might as well just cop one of the korean ones.

Me too. Been wanting a big black slouchy beanie for ages, but none of them have been 'thick' enough. Which one's did you kop if you don't mind me asking?

Mexican food is one of my least favorite cuisines...nothing special? :P

Me too. Been wanting a big black slouchy beanie for ages, but none of them have been 'thick' enough. Which one's did you kop if you don't mind me asking?

Mexican food is one of my least favorite cuisines...nothing special? :P

it's proabably one of my favourites, but most infrequently eaten.

dangerous stuff.

cant go wrong making it at home though!