australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Maybe I'm colour blind and it was the brown that I saw? I don't know.... it just didn't look to be a brown to me. The guy SA i'd never seen before pointed it out to me... but I had one track mind on the black.

U.S. tour with DTN to FL, make it happen

fair enough man, I guess it's always like that when you're just starting out at a new job.

monday and tuesday are really full days for me at uni, but wednesday and thursdays are only half days. hoping to get fridays off, still negotiating with one of my lecturers regarding the timetable. pand must be busy with his first real week of uni, haven't seen him on here much lately :P. J are you back at uni this year or are you taking a semester off?

hey mates.

thanks for the concern DJI. i actually have a few breaks between that i can do whatever i want.

today i had 2 hours of class, but i went to some japanese exchange thing and listened to the beatles in the union lounge. shit was cash.

but mainly because i had time to kill until 4pm (when i tutored)

damn, wish i had a job.

im with ya pand.

so so bored these past few days. been trolling supermarket looking at shit i dont need. playing cs more than id like to. SIGH.

no job, uni starts next week for me - but im dreading the thought of going back studying again. i feel so unproductive :(

the cream of the crap, random margiela, ann, dior, etc. pieces that no one could possibly want. I've only been there a couple of times but it's been disappointing each time, might be worth popping in quickly if you're in the area though.

the womens collection looks great and surprising lux, lots of leather and even a fur (or maybe shearling, cheers james ;)) piece. apparently they are making a leather sweater for the mens collection too but they didn't have a sample ready for the photo shoot.

yeah, just the production sizes. I can see what 50 meant about the new l/s double layer tees been short, they are significantly shorter than the s/s tees judging by the lookbook shots.

tried to break down the looks into individual items:

hooded wool trenchcoat

concealed zip cotton gabardine coat

double lapel wool jacket

puffa vest

cotton hoodie with detachable leather hood

oversized knit sweater

l/s double layer cotton/cashmere tee

s/s double layer cotton/cashmere tee

l/s double layer inverted singlet tee

basic cotton tee

checkered l/s shirt

combination skinny pants

black skinny jeans

drop crotch tracksuit pants

there are a couple of other items I know are been included in the new collection but weren't available for the photo shoot, they were:

2-3 leather jackets

leather sweater

long raf style cotton gabardine hooded coat

quick question. the pants in pic 8 aren't the same as the earlier shots in the lookbook, no?

while i appreciate the design of the drop crotch tights w/ the coloured inserts, i really don't think its a piece that could be pulled off by anyone. also reminds me too much of last winter CON.

i like the female looks farrrrr better than the male ones. cant really see much going for the male looks besides the colours and basics.

yeah the pants in pic 8 look like their lizzy black skinny jeans. cal wasn't sure what new denim they were making this season yet, I'm hoping for some new black denim.

agree that the mens looks aren't very exciting, although there should be some solid pieces this season. the outerwear looks quite good and their basics are fantastic. the drop crotch pants aren't an easy look to pull off, although the combination pants look easier to wear than the trackies imo.

hope that the sweater continues their use of more luxurious materials, might pick it up if it fits me alright. ditto with the hoodie, I'd buy a new one if it's made of nicer material than the one I picked up last winter.

as I mentioned before several of the key pieces weren't included in the shots. there are going to be 2-3 leather jackets, which are a slimmer cut this year, as well as another coat and a leather sweater. curious about the leather sweater as I've never seen it done before.

yeah the womens collection is incredible, far better than any of their previous efforts.

I wouldn't plan that trip too soon melvin, none of the outerwear is in stock yet ;). so far they only have the 4 tee varieties, checkered shirt and drop crotch trackies in, they're receiving new pieces every week though so I'll keep you posted icon14.gif.

^ haha, yeah that's what I though, hence why I was curious to see it in person. I'd imagine the mens sweater would be cut fairly differently from the womens, don't think that cut would work that well on a dude ;).