Levi LVC sample/prototype models for sale...

mopar_jj

This guy contacted me via my site regarding a bunch of sample and prototype LVC and High End Levis that he found at a thrift store. He bought it up and is selling it on Ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpost50modern

Seems like this stuff came out of the factory Levis use to design and manufacture their stuff in the US. I am guessing this stuff should have been destroyed or sent to Africa or something

Some interesting and probably valuable stuff

comments?

Mj

Interesting. But they do look like rejects! I've seen a lot of the sample jeans sent out for press etc and they're a lot nicer than these - they must have been perfecting some of the processes/patterns, because a lot of the details - pocket sizing, placement, etc, are out. Most samples AFAIK are 32 32 - that's the size of the models they use for catalogue photos - so these must have been done for working out one or other production process.

Thanks for the headsup, though, interesting that Taylor Togs turn out to be on of the major contractors for LVC - I've added the info to the 501 guide.

But whaddoIknow? Maybe they'll go for tons. Looks like some buyers in the far East are checking them out already....

They look exactly like Allen's (airfrog's).

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=600071&postcount=18

I do like the hand-stitched suspender buttons. I hope they put the correct patch on them (and I hope they don't sell them for $501...).

Every time LVC have put out a pair of pre-1890 jeans, apart from the Nevada reissue, they've fucked up one detail or another. It would be great if they would get it right one time. We live in hope.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the guy selling this lot of LVC's.

10% off high bid for supertalk users. Sorry, these are auctions only, no private sales.

LINK BELOW:

Over the course of the next few weeks I will be auctioning of a collection of Levi's jeans. This rather diverse lot of jeans came out of the Taylor Togs production factory in Taylorsville North Carolina. They are the largest producer of Levi jeans in the entire U.S. Each pair is unique. Some are first quality samples, some are prototypes, some are experimental washes. The latter of the two makes some of this denim very rare as they will never see the shelves of a retail store and are truly one of a kind.

This is a great opportunity for collectors to add to or complete their collection with Levi oddities and non production garments. In upcoming auctions you will see LVC 201, Pre 1900 501, Post 50 501, 505, Capital E, Swank, XX Big E Red Label, Big E Orange labels and more. ALL garments are MADE IN THE USA, no fakes, or export jeans.

Some are from '04, '06, '07 and even upcoming Spring '08 year. I have left all yellow and blue production tags with comments and notes on each garment as they were found.

You're right - I was looking at the 201s, which look weird, but the Nevada-ish jeans could be great, I forgot the previous replicas didn't have the pliers pocket, so these would look v cool.

The previous washed 1880 Nevada's did have a plier pocket:

img10280sw.jpg

bbde_1.JPG

These new deadstock ones look pretty spot-on as far as I can tell...I hope someone on SF snags a pair so we can see them break in...

I would, but that cut would look ridiculous on my scrawny chicken legs..

I was talking about the previous '1873' replicas,neither of whihc have pliers pocket, and which also have a mix of early and late features, in terms of leather patches and yoke stitching . Sadly, altho they've done the cotton drill unwashed, which is the same shape, they've never done an accurate raw Nevada reissue. Let's hope there's one in the spring 2008 range...