What the shit do I wear in New York right now?

whorishconsumer

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for New York and have realized that I may not be as prepared for the trip as I thought, what with the snow and all. I'm going to REI today to get some long johns and a hat and maybe some thicker socks.

I've got driving loafers and some canvas shoes. Can I wear these without freezing?

What the hell do you people wear there?

yeah it's suppose to snow here this weekend...

my advice would be to have a nice pair of boots that are waterproof. (duckboots maybe?)

the sidewalks here when it snows become slushy black snow rivers....

some kind of windproof gear might be good also, if you're going to do lots of walking and shopping. I wouldn't worry about layering up like crazy with thermal underwear or anything. it won't be that cold during the day and with lots of walking and entering stores---you will get hot fast.

Thermal underwear is pretty cozy though.

With the storm later this weekend, it's going to be rough in canvas shoes (like chucks) in the snow. If the loafers are leather and you don't really care about them getting beat up, i'd wear those with some warm socks over the canvas ones.