being "on call"

zelah

he's a telecommunication expert, and he supervises all the data servers and telephone systems for DWP - same field im going in cuz the pay is too good

but he claims its stressful and he has to supervise these assholes who are backed by like mighty unions.

so whatchu do? from the title, i thought it was about being a doctor. lol. now i think its much much less.

Pull from somewhere :

Part of my job entails my paging doctors in the middle of the night with messages from various hospitals. Most of the time, the on-call doctor is asleep when I call even though he is technically on-call. It's part of their job. The problem is, some doctors may doing other things in bed other than sleeping.

Me: This is After Hours. Which doctor are you trying to page?

Hospital: Ross, this is Missouri Baptist and we need Dr.Johnson.

Me: Ok. I'll have him call you right back.

I dial up Dr.Johnson. After close to 10 rings, he answers somewhat out of breath.

Doctor: Yeah Ross...pant pant...what is it?

Me: MoBap needs you to give them call.

Doctor: ...pant...pant....um...OK, I call them. Click.

5-6 minutes go by and the hospital calls back.

Hospital: Ross, this is MoBap. Can you page Dr.Johnson again?

Ross: Sure, no problem. What's the message?

Hospital: Tell him to hang up his phone. We have him on speaker and we can hear him screwing his wife.

i work at the electric company, one of the states we serve is utah. part of SLC had lost power, we only had about 6-8000 customers but each one called probably 5-10 times each, which makes for a lot of stupid stupid calls.

i got extra money for coming in and then overtime, but still. fuck riding home at 3am when its cold as dick and you've been up for 21 hours because you didn't think you'd have to work all night when you got up

yes, on call sucks major dick.

i worked IT in a hospital for 3 years and EVERY SINGLE one of my coworkers fucking hated being on call. it would rotate weekly, so for that week they coudlnt really drink or do any late night things because more often than not theyd be called back in at like 6pm (we get out around 430-530)

major suckage