Nom de Guerre Spring / Summer 08

mellowbonsai

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first impressions:

1.i see cotton duck in looks 1 and 4, this is a good thing. also in the print button down shirts and any of the ones with suspenders

2. very interesting color palette for spring/summer. mostly greys, whites, blacks with the occasional venture into blue. though not terribly unexpected given their colors have had such limited ranges in the past, but the last season had pieces like the deep burgundy cardigan, the olives and browns in some of their shirts/jackets... it almost seemed like they were expanding their color range.

3. while i enjoyed ss07's colors much more, im glad theyve left behind the floral prints and stripes. this collection has moved from the coast to the central plains, geographically, if their photoshoot backdrops are any indication of their conceptualization

Oh wow, I love the whole workwear/americana feel of the first half.

But I agree with ddohnggo on the lack of cohesion. It feels like two collections released at the same time.. It would've been more interesting if they attempted to mix the two styles. I'm definitely going to pick up a few peices from this collection though.

isn't there already a thread for this from a while ago? regardless it looks decent, but it seems to lack cohesion. some of the looks reference work wear/americana, but others reference WASPY new england cape cod shit.

i think the waspy cape cod stuff is what they've been leaning towards recently. Kind of going on the theme set forth by NOAH.

Which ones pricier? NdG had a rain jacket like that out once before and I thought it was very nice but didn't catch the pricet tag. I imagine it's pretty similiar.

http://www.southwillard.com/designers/mens/patrik-ervell/air-jacket-black-leatherette/

theres a cheaper nylon one too

Yeah, that's the one. In retrospect that looks way nicer than the NdG one, although I'm liking their anorak. I like the clear Ervell one better, but I haven't seen that anywhere. I'm not sure it's in stores yet.

I'll probably pick up an Ervell jacket and look into finding a plain black, cheap anorak.

The clear air jacket is from S/S08. But he did do the parachute jacket for F/W and S/S that most stores didn't even pick up because the price was over $1,000.

The air jacket for fall didn't come in nylon, it's actually wool. I have the two tone navy air jacket and it is fantastic.

I believe Blackbird still has the black/navy one in a Medium (better call quick though, this was a week or so ago). His outwear does fit big though. I have a medium in the air jacket and the trench.

Servo- He always comes out with different variances of the air jacket though so if you don't find one this time around, SS will certainly have some in various fabrics.

But he did do the parachute jacket for F/W and S/S that most stores didn't even pick up because the price was over $1,000.

Oh shit, hes got another one for ss08 too.i noticed this one doesnt have the flashy pearls on it like last seasons.Hopefully that may discount the price somewhat.

The NDG rain jacket is pretty decent I guess.Too me NDG only has maybe 1 or 2 stand out pieces each season and some nice denimz.

wow the jackets are just amazing, great mix of classic and modern with the materials and styles of the jackets. i really like the deconstructed denim jacket, the trench, and that shinny rain jacket. nice stuff. also interested in those shorts, a good look.