• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and those glasses are nice

i think dita makes some similar ones.

real nice, but thicker....

Not really, if you're looking at subtle differences. Dita Insiders has the same basic shape as those ndg, but they don't have the horns on the temples. You're not too far off from being mildly correct though.

Found more styles on Oliver Peoples site:

ndg-8108.jpg

MATTE EL MIRAGE TORTOISE

ndg-emt.jpg

I've had a pair pre-ordered for awhile, but fuuuck, need these to drop now.

i tried both of these on at a shop in vancouver, but they don't have the storm or the clear ones, which i really want to try on. the frames look great, though. nicest glasses i've had on my face.

I know its a long shot, but does anybody know places left (preferably online) that still have the flight jacket available in L? I missed out on it on Hejfina and Stels when they were clearing them out. They were either gone, or only available in other sizes (in the case of Stel's, every size BUT L).

If you know somewhere I could try, please send me a PM.

i tried both of these on at a shop in vancouver, but they don't have the storm or the clear ones, which i really want to try on. the frames look great, though. nicest glasses i've had on my face.

goooooood to hear. the clears will be my everyday pair - hoping i can pull them off alright. now just waiting for blackbird to get them in...

When did the oliver peoples in Soho get them in? I stopped by today and they were sold out of all black.

i called the store this afternoon and they told me they would be getting a shipment of them next week. i preordered a pair

They're certainly large. I actually stopped by and after a few hours of deliberating, decided to go with them. It was really a toss up between Tycoons (hardware was a little too old timey), Larabees (didn't like the bridge), and them. Went with the mahogany gradient. I checked out another pair in smoke, which I liked, but it looked a little too subtle. I'd say the pictures on the website tend to bring out the details of a particular style more than in real life.

I have a really shitty cellphone pic I'll try and upload later on.

Yes, the clears definitely have a yellow tinge to them. The Matte El Tortoise was actually slightly lighter in real life, I was surprised. Black was just a matte black, mahogany was darker than the site. That's all they had in stock at the time, 8108 is the only color I really have no concept of how it will look in real life.

Nose bridge has no pads, just built in. I found it comfortable; they're snug, which I prefer (7 1/2 inch head too). The clear/yellow is a nice color, though I think it may be a little much if they're the kind of frame you'd be wearing every day. I'd suggest going with the Larabees if you want a similar style with a smaller eye. The NDG-1's are the same frames as in the look book, here is some of them...

http://www.nomdeguerre.net/lookbook/fw08_lookbook/14.jpg

http://www.nomdeguerre.net/lookbook/fw08_lookbook/5.jpg

*MEGAEDIT

I got no way of getting this pic on my computer and it's terrible anyway, its like half my eye. I get the frames in two weeks so I'll definitely post pics once I can see out of them

is the yellow tinge good or bad? I'm asian so i already have that yellow complexion. These glasses look so good by themselves, but I am hesitant on dropping 330 on a pair with no return policy. How is the nose bridge? does it just straight up contact the nose, or are there pads? any comfort issues?