state your beer, drinkers

^Yo send me some of the awesome beers you guys get over there :o

Shared a McNeill's Dark Angel stout with a friend tonight, first VT beer I've had in a while. Head was massive and chunky, didn't really budge for a long time. Was super hoppy for a stout, 11%, went straight to my head.

0202012006.jpg

Yeah I would love to get that Lawson's Finest Liquids and Hill Farmstead stuff as well as ready access to the Alchemist, I have only had the 2 former at some of the Beer Advocate fests in Boston and stopped once at the Alchemist on the way home from Stowe.

Apparently bottled Lawson's is only available at the Warren General Store, and even then only on certain days. Hopefully Heady Topper cans aren't too far away, then I might seriously consider moving to Vermont :)

Yeah I would love to get that Lawson's Finest Liquids and Hill Farmstead stuff as well as ready access to the Alchemist, I have only had the 2 former at some of the Beer Advocate fests in Boston and stopped once at the Alchemist on the way home from Stowe.

Apparently bottled Lawson's is only available at the Warren General Store, and even then only on certain days. Hopefully Heady Topper cans aren't too far away, then I might seriously consider moving to Vermont :)

Yeah they ship and sell out the same day, he's a "nanobrewery" and has such a following, that followers will wait out and catch on delivery day. It's only kegged and delivered to three taprooms as well.

Many, many nice beers, lots of brewpubs. I honestly don't even think about it! Just considering it a trade of from all the other garbage to put up w/ here. I miss living in Boston and just meandering down to Harpoon on Fridays to pick up cheapie growlers of their small batches.

Tried a barrel sample of that sour brown when I stopped in at their production facility back in November. The lactic sourness was just starting to kick in. I believe this is a collaboration, with the base being a Sierra Nevada beer.

Owe you rep for that glorious Alpine shot, ren.

Just racked a barleywine onto brandy soaked oak cubes and an imperial stout onto bourbon soaked oak cubes. Also have a sour beer split into 3 small batches with different fruit, and a sour brown bottle conditioning with sexy corks and cages. An-ti-ci-pay-ay-tion...

^must spread man, sounds awesome.

I've always kept homebrewing in the back of my mind but just keep procrastinating about doing it. I need a new hobby to keep myself entertained nowadays as boring as Ithaca is, so I've been considering starting once I get done with my grad school transfer apps.

First beer in a week due to being sick.. been eyeing this thing every time I've opened the fridge since last Thursday..

dscn1944.jpg

This thing blew me away.. I've heard people up here call Flower Power a Simcoe bomb but the hop presence in this blows away any IPA I've had in a while. Will definitely be buying more of this.

After having a few things from Weyerbacher I feel like they're a pretty underrated brewery.. they seem to be doing a lot of interesting things but don't seem to get any attention.