state your beer, drinkers

photo-1.jpg

stopped by Ballast Point to get myself a drink, a going away gift for a friend, and my swap buddy a gift. i hope you'll enjoy a west coast IPA!

Not sure what that means but if I find natty ice I'm gonna neg you every chance I get :P

its a game called "bros icing bros" where you ice each other with smirnoff ice...the idea is to surprise them with it by hiding it, then they have to get on one knee and drink it..

AiFOPRJk65o

Hah that is one of the most "bro" things I've seen in a while.

Zak, don't post what you're sending me please as I'd like it to be a surprise (although I have an idea of what it is). This feels like Christmas, haha.

Also, ren, I've got some good stuff going your way tomorrow or Tuesday.

Real ale is from Blanco, Texas (in the hill country right outside Austin).

They make some nice beers...not sure how wise their distribution is these days, definitely growing but not sure if you can get them outside of Texas.

One of their beers scored gold at the Great American Beer Festival this year.

https://realalebrewing.com/

delirium tremens is my favorite beer, but at this time of the year i'm starting to hit pumpin ales. :)

Just tried Delirium Tremens for the first time the other night, really enjoyed it. This weekend I had a bottle of the Dogfish Head Sah'Tea and completely fell in love, definitely a great beer for this season, I would recommend drinking it at room temperature. Split a bottle with my friend at lunch on Saturday and then we ran out and got another one to have later that night. Also tried the Theobroma this weekend, didn't love it but want to try it again. Really appreciate Dogfish Head, next level beer company.

photo3.jpg

Zakurie what sour beers do you like? I've had the Rodenbach Grand Cru and the Ommegang Zuur... enjoyed them both, probably the Grand Cru a little more so than the Zuur, would like to hear some reccomendations though.

I have a bottle of Zuur in my cabinet, drank it on tap a couple weekends ago also.. wasn't that sour imo. mpcec, if you get Ithaca brews in CT, which I think you do, go pick up a bottle of Ithaca Brute. It's the best domestic sour I've seen for sale in the NE. Also, you should be able to get a few different kinds of Cantillon down there.. most of them are pretty delicious. As for sours we can't get up here, Russian River puts out the best stuff I've had coming from any US brewer imo..

which leads to the next part of my post..

So I got an email today from my apartment complex saying I had a package. Decided to come home from campus for a little while to pick it up before the office closed because I thought it was some new shoes that I ordered.. was really excited about the shoes. Got here though and went to pick it up.. noticed it wasn't from Australia or Boston.. saw it was from Palo Alto.. what could this be? Took me a second to realize :o

Got it to my apartment, opened it.... THANK YOU ZACH! Way better than any shoes that are coming :D

Russian River Damnation

Russian River Temptation

Russian River Pliny the Elder

dscn1548o.jpg

Zakurie what sour beers do you like? I've had the Rodenbach Grand Cru and the Ommegang Zuur... enjoyed them both, probably the Grand Cru a little more so than the Zuur, would like to hear some reccomendations though.

I'm a whore for Russian River Brewing Company beers: Temptation, Consecration, Supplication, Beatification.

I also like Fat Tire's La Folie. Fat Tire's Eric's Ale is tasty as well.

There are others that I only recognize by the bottle. I'll add more when I get to the store and can see the bottles.

Had to go out for something else and a stop by the beer store was pretty convenient.. had changed my mind about what to send Ren anyway. Was strolling around the store and came across this:

dscn1552.jpg

Somehow they got their hands on a single case.. it's been a nice west coast day :o

Also, mpcec, forgot about what I think is the best sour from Ommegang.. the Biere de Mars.. it's pretty funky stuff, really enjoyed it the few times I've had it. Also, Ommegeddon is probably my second favorite, it's their wild ale. Those are the two I'd go for from Ommegang if I wanted sour.

which leads to the next part of my post..

So I got an email today from my apartment complex saying I had a package. Decided to come home from campus for a little while to pick it up before the office closed because I thought it was some new shoes that I ordered.. was really excited about the shoes. Got here though and went to pick it up.. noticed it wasn't from Australia or Boston.. saw it was from Palo Alto.. what could this be? Took me a second to realize :o

Got it to my apartment, opened it.... THANK YOU ZACH! Way better than any shoes that are coming :D

Russian River Damnation

Russian River Temptation

Russian River Pliny the Elder

dscn1548o.jpg

Damn, I can't believe that arrived so quickly! Hope you enjoy; those are some of my favorites.

What shoes are you waiting on?

Just tried Delirium Tremens for the first time the other night, really enjoyed it. This weekend I had a bottle of the Dogfish Head Sah'Tea and completely fell in love, definitely a great beer for this season, I would recommend drinking it at room temperature. Split a bottle with my friend at lunch on Saturday and then we ran out and got another one to have later that night. Also tried the Theobroma this weekend, didn't love it but want to try it again. Really appreciate Dogfish Head, next level beer company.

photo3.jpg

The Sah'Tea is on my list to try. Gonna go grab some Festina Peche here shortly. I drank the Theobroma on tap and from the bottle last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. As always the case with Dogfish Head, I was thoroughly surprised. I expected way more chocolate, but it was delicious. Even my girlfriend who hates beer likes it.

Damn, I can't believe that arrived so quickly! Hope you enjoy; those are some of my favorites.

What shoes are you waiting on?

Yeah, I was not expecting to get the beer this early at all.. waiting on two pair of CPs.. low black perf leather w/ white sole Achilles from 09, and beige perf suede low tourneys with the two velcro straps.. really looking for the old bright red mids they used to do as well but I can't find them in my size.

On another note, I owe you mad rep zak but every time I try to rep lately it's either "Given out too much in the last 24 hours" or "Must spread rep".. I'll get you back as soon as I can.. can't wait to get into the Temptation but I'm pacing myself :o