SDA-D1002 sizing

dcg

Ok, I've spent the past hour reading through all the SDA sizing threads, but there's not a ton of info out there on the D1002s.

I've found that people consider the 003s to fit bigger than the 103s, and AFAIK the 003s use the same left hand twill denim as the 1002. I also found people mentioning that the left hand twill denim shrinks less and stretches more. However, I also hear that the D1002 is a bit slimmer than the 103 in the thighs.

At any rate, I've been waiting for BiG to get a shipment in, and they finally did - but without the size 31 that I had planned to get. 30 and 32 are my options, and I think the 32 would be too big. PBJ-005 were a bit big in size 32 for me, and I wear a 31 in Nudie RRDG that I think fits well, maybe SLIGHTLY big. Any thoughts on whether the 30 will fit in the D1002?

i know very little about this brand but i did find their sizing guide. this wont give you much but its a start. http://www.dartisan.co.jp/shilhouette/index.html

and c-point has measurements. http://www.rakuten.co.jp/cpoint/483286/484566/

I'm in exactly the same situation as you, dcg.

I was waiting on the size 31 from BiG as well. My understanding is that these will shrink down to pretty much the exact tagged size with multiple wash/soaks/drys.

I've searched thru all the SDA threads and there's no pix of anyone wearing these (probably because they're bootcut and thus not very popular around these parts).

Not sure what the sizing on these is like compared to the Ralf, but i suspect that they're a bit slimmer through the thigh.

Can anyone else (roland?) shed any light?

thx

This is the only worn pic I've found:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=461024&highlight=%2A1002#post461024

Ahlvahroe - thanks, I had the SDA guide but the other link was very useful.

n9no - I suspect the same wrt fit compared to the ralf in the thigh.

At any rate, I ordered the 30s so I'll find out soon enough. Gordon at BiG gave me a call after I ordered as I had been emailing Noriko w/ sizing questions, and told me that if they're small they can go ahead and order 31s. Apparently at the time of the order they still had size 31 in stock, so didn't request any at the time. Awesome customer service as always from BiG.

edit - Gordon also said they should stretch back out to the initial size after shrinking. His suggestion with slimmer fit jeans such as this was that if they fit well initially, then stay with that size. Too small and you wouldn't fit in after shrinking, too big and they'd eventually stretch back out too much.

Well, I don't know if it helps as purportedly the material of the D-1002 stretches more than the rht of other SDA's but I have a pair of SD-105 that according to the chart have the same silhouette. Size 31, got them this past April. Definitely slim at the thighs, I would say. Shrank dramatically once I had them soaked and machine dried, IIRC very close to tagged size. Anyway, the measurements for the 105 versus the 103 shows some difference in the size, especially around the thighs as well as the rise. Let me know if I can give you any useful info.

I have a pair of these in a size 34. For reference I wear a 33 in RRDS. The D1002 are tighter in the thighs by a noticeable amount, but the waist is only slightly bigger. I'd say as long as the RRDG you currently have aren't tight in the thighs then the SDA's in a 30 should stretch to comfortably fit you. Hope this helps even though you've already ordered them.

Man I love BiG....placed my order at 5:50 pm yesterday with standard shipping, got a call from Gordon who discussed fits with me for about 15 minutes, had an email at 6:55 pm that my order had gone out, got home from work today and the jeans had been delivered already. It doesn't get any better than that.

Let me know what you guys think about the fit:

SDA_D1002_Front.JPG

SDA_D1002_Side.JPG

SDA_D1002_Back.JPG

Thanks guys, I'm gonna size up one.

edit - I really suck at this sizing thing. My RRDG in 31 are pretty loose in the thighs...you guys think I'll be good sizing up 1 to the 31 in the D1002s? I think the waist on the 32 would be too big once they stretch back out.

The LHT is a beautiful fabric with a real modern feel and look. . I have the 103, 105, and 1002 all in 33. The 1002 stretches the most in the waist but the legs have stayed pretty true. The 105,s almost killed my waist and hips but are now absolutely perfect as are my 103's. The 1002's waist is an inch bigger.

It seems to me the RHT has a natural elasticity that lets it conform to your body like a glove but still retain its shape while the LHT sorta stretches and doesn't bounce back as much. The 1002 ends up having a more modern, urban look whereas you can picture a real Marlboro Man kinda guy wearing the 105's out on the range. Consequently I wear the 105's a lot more cause They look better to kick around in and feel indestructible.. BUT if I want to dress up and still wear jeans it's the 1002's. My .02 cents

Thanks, that's actually very helpful. According to BiG's measurements the 1002s start out with a bigger waist at the same size than the 103s, so I'm wondering if it's a result of stretchier denim or just the fact that they were bigger to start with.

If it's not too much trouble, can you give me the measurements of the waist and thighs on your 1002s (using BiG mething if possible)? How much shrinkage did you get after a soak? Did they stretch back out beyond initial measurements?

Sorry to bump my own thread, but I need to make a decision here in a day or two...size up one or two? Can anyone w/ experience with SDA comment on whether the thighs shrink much with a hot soak, and whether they stretch back out afterward?

I have the 003s and i was told to size down 2, which i did. When I first got them, i was scared, the waist was pretty damn tight pre-soak. But for some reason SDA's lefty twill doesn't shrink much. If you don't mind the fit now pre-soak, there won't be a noticeable amount of difference in the waist/thigh/ass post soak. Just jam and hanger in the waist if ur scared, Im a 33ish or 34, my 003s are a 31 - if that helps at all.

my opinion - stick to a 31 , the thighs run alot smaller than regular ralf.

my opinion - stick to a 31 , the thighs run alot smaller than regular ralf.

That's what I'm worried about :). The waist will be fine - even the 30s would be ok in the waist. My thighs are about 22-23" though, and I don't want them to end up skin tight.

That's what I'm worried about :). The waist will be fine - even the 30s would be ok in the waist. My thighs are about 22-23" though, and I don't want them to end up skin tight.

Why not get the 103s then? They have a wider thigh, don't they? It seems silly to me to size up on a super slim jean to get it to fit like a slim jean at the expense of a overlarge waist. Just get the slim jean with the appropriate waist.

Or is there something about this on the last page?

• 1 month later...

these have been cold-soaked once and then hot-soaked and hastily thrown in the dryer to get the rest of the shrinkage out of the way. and then worn for a while so there is some stretching involved here.

waist: 37

front rise: 10.5

back rise: 15.5

knee: 9

opening: 9

inseam: i had these hemmed and chainstitched to 33" after the hot soak and dry.

hope this helps...