PACE jeans available online

Quote:

great. thanks.

BTW: it is cheaper and better than APC. The 002 pace raw is $115.10 shipped to my door.

Edited by Geowu on Aug 21, 2005 at 12:41 PM

--- Original message by Geowu on Aug 21, 2005 12:29 PM

Geowu, since you're comparing them to APCs, i'm guessing the Pace ones are selvage too?

Nevermind, you can ignore my post above. I found Geowu's feedback on this thread:

http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=2231

This is what he had to say:

Quote: Selvage, button-fly, regular fit, real-leather patch, genuine-copper rivets, but not dry (just rinsed).

Not mainstream at all.

Since I couldn't find any info if it was selvage or not on the website, I assumed you (Geowu) saw them in person. If so, do you have any comments on the their sizing... like if their sizing is true sizing.

Edited by bufo on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:32 PM

No no, I haven't seen them in person. And I'm not sure they are better than APC, although their description seems subjectively better (copper rivets, chainstitched hem). They say, here: http://www.pace-wear.com/aboutdenim.asp

"Made in traditional vintage way on original shuttle looms and comes from small mills around Osaka, Japan"

Made on original shuttle looms means they are selvage. Besides, just to assure it, they say a couple of times in their site the word 'selvedge'.

Edited by Geowu on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:40 PM

ohh ok. I was just confused because on their website, there is version of their jeans that spefically said "Black Selvage Denim" while the other ones didn't say. But now I know that they are all selvage. icon_smile_big.gif

Anyways, thanks for answering my questions! I might give these a try since I've been looking for some jeans for less than $150.

Edited by bufo on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:48 PM

size 30 would be one size down... but they don't have those. I have Rescues size 29 that fit real nicely for me... and the Uniqlo dry selvage in size 30 is kinda tight. So hopefully Pace 31 would be equivalent to APC 29 and bigger than Uniqlo 30. If not then hopefully someone on here is willing to buy them from me. icon_smile_big.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just got my Pace Original P-002 Raw 31x34 jeans. Here are some pics:

pace1.jpg

pace2.jpg

pace3.jpg

Geowu was right in that I needed to get one size down. I guess Uniqlo selvage jeans are different than others since their sizes are true sizes. But these Pace 31s fit more like a 32. From the 3rd pic, you can see that they aren't selvage, which was kinda disappointing. I'll probably return these since they are too big. If anyone wants them, I can sell them for the amount I paid which is $116 shipped. I just wanted to update people who are curious.

Quote:

hey BUFO:

i'm a little confused abotu the selvage thing.. if these were selvage you would see more fraying at the seam.. right?

i read the whole selvage denim thread but still find it a little confusing..

--- Original message by savage on Aug 30, 2005 08:48 PM

I think someone else can explain what selvage is better than me. Pretty much most outseams on jeans look like the Pace ones I posted above. I think the way it's stitch is called chain stitching.. it kinda looks like chains. But look at the picture of the selvage jeans below... there isn't any of that chain stitching.

apc1.jpg

I hope you understand what I mean... the best thing to do is just compare those two pics, and then you'll probably have a better understanding.

I think someone else can explain what selvage is better than me. Pretty much most outseams on jeans look like the Pace ones I posted above. I think the way it's stitch is called chain stitching.. it kinda looks like chains. But look at the picture of the selvage jeans below... there isn't any of that chain stitching.

The Pace jeans have Overlocked outside leg seams. The Pace jeans pictured have chain stitching on the hems, whereas ironically the selvedge jeans pictured don't have chain stitched hems.

ahhh.. i get the chain stitch thing.. is it like a basic rule that if there's chain stitching than more than likely its selvage?

so RINGRING are the pace jeans selvage, even w/o the chain stitching...? i need to look at that denim thread again, cause i don't want to start another 7 pager of denim madness again.

thanx

(PS. i just looked at my evisu (from korea) and they have both on the in-seam.. overstitching w/ chain stitch over it. madness!)

i get the chain stitch thing.. is it like a basic rule that if there's chain stitching than more than likely its selvage?

No. Not at all. Many jeans have chain stitching regardless of whether they are shuttle loom 'selvedge' denim or not. And some selvedge jeans don't feature chain stitching at all - notably Sugarcane Hawaii (which are absolutely superb jeans, from the perfumed sweet sorghum fabric, to the high density stitching to the hand felled seams....). Chain stitching is just a strong, flexible type of stitch that is common in jeans making.

so RINGRING are the pace jeans selvage, even w/o the chain stitching...?

They could be selvedge denim, but I doubt it. It would make very little commercial sense to pay for the extra fabric consumption that selvedge denim forces upon the jeans maker, only to cut it off and replace it with overlocking. In fact, the selvedge edge is used on the outside leg seam because it's the most efficient use of the fabric when you lay all the pattern pieces onto a narrow-width roll of denim.

• 1 year later...
The back pocket stitching reminds me of Denimbirds.

So what's the story? Selvage or not?

Based on the description, one would assume they are selvage, but then they are chainstitched.

Hmmm....confusing.

NyM...

Than you need to look better, because it isn't !

Sorry !

Mac