High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

Those are dope, gnar. Any idea of a pricepoint/where to get these?

Alifes are coming out tommorow (Saturday the fourth).

They also have a few roll top and cup sole models dropping too. Roll tops are hideous, cup sole isn't awful.

more info on yukuten and narrative plz?

Oi Polloi sells Yuketen, but after that I have no clue. I emailed the Yuketen site a month or two ago and have yet to get a response back from them. Narrative ones caught my eye too. Maybe I'll try to proxy a pair of these.

img10565000661.jpeg

I'm feeling pretty romantic about these.

Despite the fact that all in including proxy these things would cost practically seven hundred dollars I'm really toying with the idea of getting them. Does anyone have any experience with this model? I know it's hard to really discuss a unified sizing standard with a brand that's mostly made to order, but how should I play sizing? Is true to size the safest bet?

I'm feeling pretty romantic about these.

Despite the fact that all in including proxy these things would cost practically seven hundred dollars I'm really toying with the idea of getting them. Does anyone have any experience with this model? I know it's hard to really discuss a unified sizing standard with a brand that's mostly made to order, but how should I play sizing? Is true to size the safest bet?

No, in my experience Russell Moccasins run nearly a full size larger than they are tagged. I wear a 9D in most footwear, almost never smaller than that, but in RMs 8D fits me best. I have a pair of 8.5D and they are a bit too long.

But I suppose considering that they are made by hand to order, there may be some variance in the sizing, especially across different models - I have Safari boots and McIntosh Birdshooters, and the sizing seems to be consistent.

I have never seen Navigators before but Russell suggests sizing down a half size on their double moccasin and triple vamp boots. I don't know what sort of construction we are looking at with those boots. That said, sizing down a half size on my South40 BS worked out perfectly for me.

Oi Polloi sells Yuketen, but after that I have no clue. I emailed the Yuketen site a month or two ago and have yet to get a response back from them. Narrative ones caught my eye too. Maybe I'll try to proxy a pair of these.

Just to follow up on this, it seems like Yuketen has updated their site with new styles and stuff, first time I've checked it in a month or so (probably old news to some). I called up the contact on the site though, and It must just be for one of their stockists. The sales associate couldn't give me any pricing information or sizing information... he took down my email address though and said that his boss would get in contact with me.

Hopefully the boss will follow through and email me, but I've emailed directly to Yuketen before with no response so we'll see.

Not going to go on a detailed rant about it...

But I just had a lengthy and refreshing (in a "small business" sorta way) phone conversation with a Mr. Karl Limmer. A man of many wise words and even some tongue-in-cheek humor regarding LL Bean's return policy (i.e. "once we get as many orders per week as LL Bean, then we can start accepting the return of used boots").

Two post-worthy tidbits... 1. after some initial back & forth with Ken (their online "info@..." guy), I mailed in my foot tracings and measurements (in CM's) for a pair of off-the-shelf Light Weight Boots. Karl received them today, we spoke, I ordered. Hopefully, if they have my proposed size in stock, they can ship 'em by the top of next week (or this Friday, at the earliest). 2. Today, he informed me that a Fedex Overnight box filled with a pair of Limmer Boots went to a one Men's Vogue NYC office. They will be doing a write up on Limmer.

I then told him he's on his way to LL Bean'dom. He let out a chuckle and said that he "wouldn't be unhappy with that."

Discuss (allusions to Quoddy Trail GQ Mag/NYTimes features are already coming into mind...)...

Alright so here is the email I got back from Meg Company in regards to Yuketen Hunting Boots:

The hunting boots price is $412.50. Regarding the fitting, it is true fitting, if you compare to D width dress shoes (maybe half size bigger than sneaker size). If you have wider feet, I would say, you may want to order 1/2 size bigger than your dress shoes size. If you want to, you can place an order with us, as long as you can wait for two month to make them.

In addition their website has some other cool brands as well, lots of Made in USA products. Unfortunately no prices are listed so you would need to call or email for more information. Also there are a lot of broken links and images. I'm gonna bug this guy to update his site though, I haven't seen these brands mentioned on Sufu yet but they look like they'd be received well.

Monitaly

DSC_1354.JPGDSC_1658.jpg

DSC_1102.JPG

Check the site out... some other nice Mocs from Monitaly, and some nice looking knitwear and button downs but I don't want to derail the thread too much.

P.S. Nice find down4nyhc, I'm still trying to figure out whether I want some Yuketen or Narrative... just shot an email to SharpServiceJapan in hopes of getting the colorway featured in the Mens Nonno.