Bson the new Trovata

mobius

This brand annoys the shit out of me.

They are everywhere from SelfEdge to Revolveclothing.

Their stuff is like a ripoff of those Korean ripoff companies...Zipia?

It's just so gimmicky and overhyped. What's the appeal, weird designs? ugly buttons? please tell me!

And some of the worst sufuer's wear it.....

i dont know about "new trovata"

trovata's designs are much more traditional than b-son's conceptual leaps (i dont know if conceptual is the right word, but you know, the flappy-foldy-buttony, drape-ish shit they do)

i bought the b son french collar or whatever its called, so heres my 0.02

1. low price point

2. pseudo-julius styling

3. durable, warm material (for the sweaters anyway)

4. agreeable color range

5. ???

i dont know, i like the way it looks, the way it fits on me. just because a brand is on revolve, activeendeavors and self edge doesnt mean it sucks either. i mean, surface to air is on all those online stores, and surface to air is fantastic

I don't think that the comparison exists at all. Have you ever tried on a piece of B.son clothing? I own three pieces and they're all very solid and affordable basic pieces with some interesting design elements. What is with people thinking a brand blows up because we see 3-4 people on SuFu wearing it? Do you realize that really, less than 1% of the population in the United States even knows of the brand B.son, let alone wears it?

I don't understand how some people get turned off from buying a piece of clothing because they see a few posters wearing it on waywt - really what kind of logic is that - do you realize the scale of this world or not?

First of all Trovata and B.Son are not even close to the same thing. Trovata gets their inspiration from surf, skate, etc. The inspiration for B.SON is strictly on a Japanese tip. the only mag that i pay attention to is men's non no. and you can hate all you want about being in selfedge to revolve but at the end of the day like all the other amazing brands that are sold at the same sites like endovanera, surface to air, and others at least you don't see are shit at Macy's, Bloomingdales, etc. Shit we only sell to the best boutiques around the world. and really if you get too strict on who you let buy your stuff then we wouldn't even be talking about B.SON

1. low price point

2. pseudo-julius styling

3. durable, warm material (for the sweaters anyway)

4. agreeable color range

5. ???

If it's pseudo-julius, then why not buy the real fucking thing? It really annoys me when people, sorry cheapskates, can't afford the real thing. This applies to people who bought into the whole Zipia shit, wait don't even get me started on Hare. It's just diluting fashion. This is a fashion board right? So why are people saving a few pennies by buying the cheaper alternatives? It's as bad as H&M and Topman ripping off Dior design and cuts. On that note, why the fuck are some of us Americans getting excited over a Topman opening in the USA? It's shit in the UK it's shit here. If people want to persist in buying cheap low grade alternatives, the styleforum door is this way.