Question abot premium 501s

pullupj8

I was checking the LEVIS website and they have updated for fall 05. I was looking at the premium 501s and they had two washes that caught my eye. One was called "raw" and one was "rigid cuffed".

http://www.us.levi.com/fal05a/levi/prod/l_prod.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374305313678&bmUID=1124337778012

Now, are these preium 501s made of ring-ring (hence the premium tag) or are they actually selvage? IS the raw wash actually raw denim? What about the rigid cuffed?

Thanks

now i'm the one that's lookin' lovely

pop the drop top and all the bitches wanna rub me

I tried on the limited edition 501's, which is what those "rigid cuffed" appear to be (the ones with the patterened inside), and they are a rigid selvage denim. However, the selvedge edge is very different than those on the LVC jeans: it's much wider. Also, these premium 501s are the modern 501 fit, so if you like the new anti-fit, go for it, but they fit terribly on me personally, so I would still just go with a nice 1947 501xx.

I don't have a pair 47's. I have pair of 66s though. leg opening is actually a little too narrow for my taste. How much were those rigid duffed ones that you tried on? I live in MI and the levi' s store here doesn't have the 501 premiums.

now i'm the one that's lookin' lovely

pop the drop top and all the bitches wanna rub me

yo i just bought a pair of the rigid cuffed. theyre sick. you gotta get em. they run small though. i usually wear 34x32 and had to get 36x32. it fits exactly one size smaller than it is. wear em to the club w/ your favorite sneaks and you cant lose.

Wouldn't it be nice if Levi's just made their 501's in selvage - no extreme logos on the cuffs, just some modern, but selvage 501's? I think it would be anyway.

-Jake