the "not-too-expensive-but-cool" leatherjacket thread

gonegonegone

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you think about leaderjackets on asos?

http://www.asos.com/Man/Jackets-Coats/Cat/pgecategory.aspx?cid=3606

The Superdry leatherjacket seems to be pretty cool. This one by All Saints is nice too.

Are they worth the price?

I've never heard of Asos before. They have a lot of nice nice things made by their own brand. Shirts for example. :)

Are they popular in the UK?

You're gonna have a difficult time finding a DH-esque slim-fit, high arm hole leather jacket I'm afraid. Believe me, I've been there.

Most sensible solution I'd say would be to keep an eye on the Supermarket for an April77 Vegan Leather (resin coated cotton that looks like leather) jacket.

110820073342311557220_L.jpg

epaulets are absolutely essential... codymdk127: i'm looking for exactly the same thing (maybe i just want some more details), but basically we want the same.... just pm me if you found anything, or post it in this thread. :)

add me too that list...i made a thread on hypebeast a while back and some guy posted pics of somme leather he got at H&M that look pretty good, but i'm not diggin H&M quality...hit me up if you find any info

you're doomed to go vintage.

seems to be the way. I must have spent days trawling through scores of vintage shops, after this sort of thing:

DSC00588.JPG

except WITHOUT the ribbing. Why is it so hard to find a jacket like this, without elastic at the bottom? Does no-one make them? Or has some unpleasent person horded them all together to spite me?

add me too that list...i made a thread on hypebeast a while back and some guy posted pics of somme leather he got at H&M that look pretty good, but i'm not diggin H&M quality...hit me up if you find any info

for sure i will.

i think you mean the leather jackets designed by madonna... they were pretty dh-esque. unfortunately they are totally sold out.

lloyd- youll never find a good fit in a vintage store.. H&M had some cool ones but even their smallest sizes were too big. i did some searching to find a 34 (US) but they only made down to a 36 apparently...

the one in that picture is lithium homme- found it on some random japanese site for like 115000 yen.. which is somewhere over $1000. i would definitly settle with that one but i dont want to deal with a proxy and all that shit

Best sources and options for decent looking, cheap/affordable leather jackets:

-h&m

-the bay

-thrift/vintage

Mentioned before, as well, but rakuten has some decent & unique ones as well, although with the fees and what not + considering a lot of them aren't exactly super cheap in the first place, you're better off getting it through the above three options.