Recent Purchases. . .

CBM

whats that like? its in my uni library, might take a sneakernator peakernate

it hasn't arrived yet. :(

a synopsis-

The Fourth Sex turns a critical, illustrated spotlight on adolescence, a territory of transition crisscrossed by the most varied creative energies. A series of iconographic materials begins in the 1960s and moves up to the present, revealing clothes, behavior patterns, novels, and visual artworks created or inspired by the transnational tribe that are teenagers. Excerpted authors include David Foster Wallace, Arata Isozaki, Philip Roth, William Golding, J.G. Ballard, Beavis & Butthead, Jim Carroll, Stephen King, Vladimir Nabokov, Douglas Coupland, Dick Hebdige, Bret Easton Ellis, and Dave Eggers. Represented artists include Vanessa Beecroft, Raymond Pettibon, Mike Kelley, Elizabeth Peyton, Karen Kilimnik, Charles Ray, Takashi Murakami, Larry Clark, Rineke Dijkstra, Paul McCarthy, Richard Prince, Gilbert & George, Gavin Turk, and Richard Billingham. And modeled fashion and lifestyle designers include Malcolm MacLaren, Paco Rabanne, Benetton, Veronique Branquinho, Comme des Garçons, Stüssy, Coca-Cola, PlayStation, Diesel, Katherine Hamnett, and David Sims. The book's shifting, politically incorrect graphic style gives form and color to all the contradictions and ambiguities of an unhappy age that we never cease to remember with nostalgia and the occasional twinge of pain.

Not all of this is very recent but it has been a while since a last purchases post..

buybuy1.jpg

buybuy3.jpg

buybuy2.jpg

buybuy4.jpg

APC cardigan, Skull reversible sweater, Cheap Monday shirt, Rick Owens shirt, Skull 5010XX gray, Common Projects dark gray high tops.

and a ticket to leave tomorrow for Japan.

^holy shit, words can't describe how awesome that purchase is.

Shipwreck, Deepsix and Cutter are still downing YoJoe colas and eating mystery meat on a shingle right now in celebration. Deepsix got dibs on the top bunk.

Guest Airjamie
Complete USS Flagg, $650:

flagg2l.JPG

Beautiful. Rep.

...I just noticed that both the fighter cord and the crane wire are still intact, thats amazing considering those are usually the first things to break on flaggs. Is this the first edition with the spring wound crane?

Yo, JOE! Niiceee

there was some dude in bloomington where i went to school selling the whole carrier plus every figure ever made. somehow the auction only hit about $1200. we still went over to his place to bask in its glory

Complete USS Flagg, $650:

flagg2l.JPG

my neighbor gave me this when i was a kid (it was about as big as me at the time), and i still have it in storage somewhere. i couldnt tell you if i have all the pieces of it though.

edit: i think they gave it to my brother and i cause it was too big for them when they were moving.