please excuse, a question about 501 shrink to fits

jo3 b

I'm all for the plainness too, it's just IMO the top of the pocket is set too far from the outside seam.

making the pocket look too small. I'm sure it's not so bad on, but from the flat picture the proportions look wrong.

!cid_Mister.jpg they are some nice shoes

Actually, I think the APC backpockets look generic, like something you could find on a pair of $5 jeans. I really like my APCs and its not an issue for me, but I'd like them even more if the back pockets were differents. I think Acne's back pockets look great, but APCs dont. The difference is only slight and I cant really put it into words.

tally-hoo

Quote:

Actually, I think the APC backpockets look generic, like something you could find on a pair of $5 jeans. I really like my APCs and its not an issue for me, but I'd like them even more if the back pockets were differents. I think Acne's back pockets look great, but APCs dont. The difference is only slight and I cant really put it into words.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Aug 15, 2005 01:52 PM

I think the fact that it has no backpocket design makes it different than all the other jeans with fancy stuff on them.

perhaps it is that the top of the apc pocket runs parrllel to the yoke rather than the waistband. i'm being v fussy about it but from all the hype on this board about those jeans, you'd expect the details to be just right. the jeans aren't sold here so i haven't seen them IRL, i have a pair on the way (the hype is reasonably convincing) so i'll find out then.

!cid_Mister.jpg they are some nice shoes

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Aug 15, 2005 01:52 PM

I think the fact that it has no backpocket design makes it different than all the other jeans with fancy stuff on them.

--- Original message by bufo on Aug 15, 2005 02:13 PM

I only wear jeans without any identifying stitching on the back pockets. I think that what bothers me is the dimension of the pockets; I'd prefer them 1cm less wide and 1cm longer.

tally-hoo