please excuse, a question about 501 shrink to fits

jo3 b

i'm pretty much set on a pair of apc's being my first pair of jeans, as well as set on making it my only pair for a while as i have no problem rocking everyday.

however, after looking at these 501's is there any reason why i shouldn't get those also/instead?

what im asking basically is will i get the same effects (given i wear them enough) as with a pair of apc's? is it worth it to just get both?

sorry again as i'm sure this was asked but hopefully someone could lend a hand

Pretty much...

The problem I have is with the sizing.

APC's are sanforized, so they won't shrink much in the wash, enabling you to buy your true size.

501 Shrink to fits, as the name suggests, shrink considerably after you wash them so you have to buy a few sizes bigger. Here inlies the problem...

When you have to buy the bigger size it's harder to get good creasing, because the denim is so loose.

With the APC's the denim is a truer fit, and you can get nice wear out of them.

APC's are obviously made from selvedge denim, which in most circumstances translates to higher quality denim.

NyM...

I wouldn't worry about it too much, buy your actual size. If you're not going to wash that shit for a while, and as long as you put em on while still damp when you do wash, they'll never shrink past a comfortable tight. Also, like most (all) denim lines, the size will be larger than actually printed. I wear a 34, that fits a little loose in the shrink to fit, b/c the waistband is actually 35 1/2" wide (around the circum).

If you're really on the denim kick, I say buy the Levi's they're still fun. And besides somebody has to make the vintage levis of the future...

Benny Rags

Serge, you seriously need to get rid of that carpet or take pictures somewhere else. The bright red totally fucks with the color of the bluejeans and makes them look yellow-tinged icon_smile_tongue.gif

(edit: and the APCs look way better)

Edited by minya on Aug 13, 2005 at 12:47 AM