Altering width of Leather Belts

kapay

I was wondering if anyone knows any places that can alter the width of leather belts in the Bay Area. Most belts I see on sale are usually 1.5 inch but I'm looking for something closer to 1.25 or even 1 inch w/out sacrificing quality leather. I e-mailed Tanner but they no longer do custom widths.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that place. Do they sell untanned leather belts? If so, I can't find it. And for those who have bought belts from them (diewhitegirls) how has your belt been so far? Tanned or otherwise. I know there was a thread in which several people bought it but that was a while ago, what can people say about it after months of using it.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that place. Do they sell untanned leather belts? If so, I can't find it. And for those who have bought belts from them (diewhitegirls) how has your belt been so far? Tanned or otherwise. I know there was a thread in which several people bought it but that was a while ago, what can people say about it after months of using it.

I don't think he makes an untanned version, but he made my wallet untanned when I asked him and he did it. Not without a crapload of griping about how I don't know anything about leather (guilty!), but he will probably do the same for you if you ask.

This is my belt about a year after I bought it. Don't use it too often, but I really like it.

DSC03344-1.jpg

DSC03346.jpg

DSC03345.jpg