What japanese denim should I choose?

kenjik9881

hey just moved to japan two months ago and have visited several japanese denim boutiques. Obviously they have everything here (samurai, sugarcane, ironheart, the flathead, eternal, etc)...anyone I was wondering which jeans anyone recommends.

I'm looking for a regular/straight fit in raw/unwashed denim choosing out of these brands. basically best value. Sugarcanes I can get here for about $150 and Samurai about $215. Ironheart about $170. I plan on buying about 4 or 5 jeans in my time here.

So out of these brands:

Samurai

Sugarcane

Eternal

Ironheart

The Flathead

The Steam Locomotive (made in my area of Japan, next town over)

or any other brands that you recommend

thanks,

Kenji

Oh shi-, I want to go check out some StormyBlue's too, if it's in L.A. John Bull's arn't that hard to come by via. Rakuten. I think your best option is to visit a denim shop and just look around, feel the denim, see which one you really like, and then move on to the next step and see which fit you best.

There's a Hinoya store in Osaka aswell. I don't remember the address, but it's only a few minutes from the big Loft store! You have to go upstairs from the street level to enter, but you can see the name from the street. I went in just to look around as I found the store by accident whilst wasting time waiting for a friend, but even so the staff were really helpful and attentive, so they can probably recommend you something to try.

being that close to all those shops, i would handle and try on as many different kinds as possible. get what looks and feels the best, dont worry about if they are readily available worldwide, etc...all the better if its some relatively unknown brand on here, so then you can post pics and I can start fiending on them! (cough steam locomotive cough)

being that close to all those shops, i would handle and try on as many different kinds as possible. get what looks and feels the best, dont worry about if they are readily available worldwide, etc...all the better if its some relatively unknown brand on here, so then you can post pics and I can start fiending on them! (cough steam locomotive cough)

yeh its pretty random that I found steam locomotive. i didnt even know they were made in my area esp cuz there is nothing here ha ha. they are pretty nice tho, my next paycheck ill prolly pick up a pair of eitehr the 14.5 oz or 19 oz.

There's a Hinoya store in Osaka aswell. I don't remember the address, but it's only a few minutes from the big Loft store! You have to go upstairs from the street level to enter, but you can see the name from the street. I went in just to look around as I found the store by accident whilst wasting time waiting for a friend, but even so the staff were really helpful and attentive, so they can probably recommend you something to try.

do you remember where it is in osaka? 心斎橋?南堀江? (shinsaibashi or minami horie)?

yeh its pretty random that I found steam locomotive. i didnt even know they were made in my area esp cuz there is nothing here ha ha. they are pretty nice tho, my next paycheck ill prolly pick up a pair of eitehr the 14.5 oz or 19 oz.

There's a 19oz Steam Locomotive?!?! Where have I been?