slim/tight denim for short/scrawny people

Nizorel

I hate to clutter this forum with just a question but i've lurked this forum for about a year on and off throughout the months, and I feel like I have a problem that has never been come across by anyone because you're all reasonably tall and buy 28-30 inch waist denim for a tight fit. I'm about a 26 inch (true) waist with around a 30 inseam, add at least 2 in. for stacking, and though my first 'real' denim purchase was over a year ago i haven't been able to evolve because it seems like Nudie is one of the only brands that caters to those like me. For instance, the second brand I experimented with was APC which was shit because in order to achieve even a slim fit I'd probably have to buy a 24... which is to my knowledge nonexistant. I'm aware that April 77 would probably cater well but I want to avoid that kind of trashy 'french punk' denim

also, correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like if I were to walk into blue in green most of those brands (such as pbj, samurai and skull) would yield similar results to that of apc. So my main question... can anyone think of a brand (i'd prefer something i can find in new york) with good quality that I should purchase?

I am a true 26 too. April 77 is good, never heard the trashy french punk bullshit. Julian Red is amazing. Tried the diors in MIJ in japan, size 26, they're great too. Cheap Monday is good. I say go Julian Red. The hoboken is an amazing cut. Nudie is also good as you know. and maybe some skull girl stuff.

I hate to clutter this forum with just a question but i've lurked this forum for about a year on and off throughout the months, and I feel like I have a problem that has never been come across by anyone because you're all reasonably tall and buy 28-30 inch waist denim for a tight fit. I'm about a 26 inch (true) waist with around a 30 inseam, add at least 2 in. for stacking, and though my first 'real' denim purchase was over a year ago i haven't been able to evolve because it seems like Nudie is one of the only brands that caters to those like me. For instance, the second brand I experimented with was APC which was shit because in order to achieve even a slim fit I'd probably have to buy a 24... which is to my knowledge nonexistant. I'm aware that April 77 would probably cater well but I want to avoid that kind of trashy 'french punk' denim

also, correct me if I'm wrong but I feel like if I were to walk into blue in green most of those brands (such as pbj, samurai and skull) would yield similar results to that of apc. So my main question... can anyone think of a brand (i'd prefer something i can find in new york) with good quality that I should purchase?

First, Small Question thread is here. ;)

Second, you're by no means the only person that's brough up this dilemma. You're right that it's tricky to find decent jeans for small folks, but they exist. Samurai come as small as a 26" (not just the women's model...although its still a good choice), and as mentioned Skull comes in smaller sizes too (25" I believe). Dior jeans also come in smaller sizes.

The only thing APC has in common with all the brands at BiG is that they're made from cotton...the quality of BiG's merchandise leaves APC in the dust...but that's just my personal opinion.

^^ and don't "bulk up"....work with what you got.

I am a true 26 too. April 77 is good, never heard the trashy french punk bullshit. Julian Red is amazing. Tried the diors in MIJ in japan, size 26, they're great too. Cheap Monday is good. I say go Julian Red. The hoboken is an amazing cut. Nudie is also good as you know. and maybe some skull girl stuff.

where on earth did you get size 26 mij's

I feel your pain, just cause I'm a scrawny female that wishes I could purchase all those lovely jeans in the evolution thread, but they're not really my thing anyways. I wear April 77s and they fit like a dream.

To me, they don't feel french punk unless you dress french punk. Hope that part made sense.

where on earth did you get size 26 mij's

Dude you're definitely not the only one in this situation.

I'm probably about the same size as you, only a size 26 Dior would fit me nicely. Haven't found one available yet though.

If you're looking for raw denim, I think you could look at PBJ. I'm looking at a size 28 there for my next purchase.

Otherwise, if all else fails, do what nobody else on this forum approves of. Alter your jeans, whether tapering or hemming.

Personally that's what I'd do if I were you. I altered my Samurai jeans because they didn't fit like how I wanted them to and I really wanted to try the denim out.

Lastly, don't bother bulking up. I've been trying real hard for some time now, I gained a bit of upper body mass but I don't see how it's going to increase your waist/hip size.

that bit about altering and hemming is spot on. short inseams are much easier to handle--just hem them.

i'm going to close this because it's basically a little creative addition ("short inseam") to an existing "where can i find small sizes for jeans?" question.