IS BATHING APE/BAPE Dead in Japan???

lv d0n

hmmmmm I was wondering why whoever made this post care about what people in Japan are wearing?

wear what you want...make it look good in your eyes and move on

I dont like bape for many reasons but I like some roadstas cause they look a bit more original then skull stas (shell toes) and bapesta (af1)...clothes I hate! accesories are cool...

honestly I wouldnt purchase anything from bape! unless it was a bag of some sort or a certain color roadsta that was THAT appealing...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares? america's always been behind the times compared to europe and japan.

to the elitists out there, whatever you think's hot now, some skinny little asian kid liked it 5 years ago

i have some bape items from 2001-2002

i think they are pretty cool and i still rock them once in a while

as long as ppl aren't wearing bape head to toe or rocking those multi-color camo or baby milo shit, it's okay.

honestly, people are overreacting...

If you hate the whole Bape hypebeast trend you will love the song Bang from Game's new album... here are some of the lyrics:

You got the funny azz colors on take it off...

We don't push stars on our shoes bitch we put the whole car on the shoes..

Wear bathing apes hoody get stripped in the club like a bitch in the club

You like ice creams get a banana split in the club..

Good times:)

I own a few pieces of Bape and still really enjoy wearing them. Some days I feel like dressing more conservative but when it' a nice summer day and the sun is out, I love wearing my Bape t-shirt with all the crystals on it. I got a pair of sneakers too and there one of my favourate pieces.

I could care less if people think I'm trying to be trendy because I know I don't look like a fashion victim, many of thier pieces are a little over the top, but I think that's the basis of it's appeal. head to toe any brand usually like kind of cheesy but a piece here and there is pretty nice.

Oh and those shark hoodies were so sweet when they came out, still are lol. If anyone knows where I can get the Bape/ daft Punk sneakers I am willing to pay top dollar for them. My favourate group and an amazing looking shoe. size 9

but you'll still see guys totally dipped out in bape...

so true. i work relatively near the bws in hong kong - which is located in central - a business district. you can always spot the kids heading to bape - they stand out among the business people...

bape is cool in moderation - but i can't stand kids that are head to toe in that shit.

If anyone knows where I can get the Bape/ daft Punk sneakers I am willing to pay top dollar for them. My favourate group and an amazing looking shoe. size 9

If we're talking about the same Daft x Bape, they are probably the most boring shoes ever made IMO.

If we're talking about the same Daft x Bape, they are probably the most boring shoes ever made IMO.

Sorry you don't like them dude. There styled after the new outfits they have for thier newest album Human After All. I like how they have the opposite silver and gold stars on the outside of the shoe.

bape is dead etc etc

but their shop in tokyo is shit hot

03.jpg

by a company called wonderwall, no relation to the band "mad for it!!" oasis of manchester

well not that i know of

The shop is pretty fucking amazing looking. This last shot does remind me of a swimmimg pool changing room however:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Yesterday, I decided to check out the SoHo BAPE store just for kicks. It was all full of white surburb families. Best part was seeing a 40+ year old dad try on some Bapestas while the grandma and wife contemplated the merits of neon strawberry orange and limegreen.... BAPE is officially dead. Seeing a bunch of suburb white "headz" tourists rock BAPE is a surest sign the label is dead. Hell, they were even carrying American Eagle Outfitter bags on the way out...

Me thinks you pretend to hate whitey when you really just hate DADDY. Woops!

• 1 year later...