watches anyone??

esem

i was at neiman marcus today and was suprised at how much swiss army has stepped up their game. they have some new watches out in the $300 price range that are pretty damn nice. Locman has got some tight shit out also....

Quote:

i was at neiman marcus today and was suprised at how much swiss army has stepped up their game. they have some new watches out in the $300 price range that are pretty damn nice. Locman has got some tight shit out also....

--- Original message by esem on Aug 4, 2005 03:50 PM

haven't seen the new swiss stuff. I love my hamilton khaki field automatic. Around 300$ for a simple metal band, light face, .2s tick for the second hand, date, automatic 25 jewel swiss movement, saphire crystal face, glass back.

highly recommended.

http://www.hamiltonwatch.com

watches are a favorite of mine.

although the price tags aren't. im a rolex kind of guy so once my money is made for a watch of that nature i will be more than happy to invest in one.

as for now, a tissot prs 200, nothing super special, quartz movement chronograph. i figured the 300-400 mark is my price range for now.

funny though, i was going to make this topic earlier, just put it off.

Quote:

^ I have the exact watch with the black face. I'm a watch collector & must admit to this being one of my favorites. Hella affordable & Hamilton is the States oldest watchmaker.

Gotta keep that bitch in the Orbita when it's off your wrist but that's really what's up IMO...

--- Original message by themdouble on Aug 4, 2005 06:18 PM

Glad I'm not the only one that's feelin this watch!

BTW, the Swatch group now owns Hamilton I believe. They at the very least make all the innards of the watch. If the original company is still around (and it is not just a branding thing), they probably just do marketing sales, and may at most do industrial design.

Swatch also supposedly makes the movement for most Rolex watches as well.

i'm diggin that hamilton watch.

The new swiss stuff isn't even on the website. I think taht's why i was so suprised by it. They have one watch that is like $395 that looks as nice as any $1k+ watch i have seen. Classy brown leather band with Platinum-look ring and silver face. Real clean.

I wish i could find a pic of the all black Locman i saw with green accents. Super nice for $700.

Hamilton makes a great watch for the price. This is especially true for the watches in the Khaki collection that are based off of classic pilot designs. Another great Hamilton option is an old military issue watch. You can usually find the 46374B on ebay or an online watch dealer in pristine condition for under $150. The movement is only 7 jewels, but they're cool little watches. They have a radiation symbol on the dial and "Dispose Rad Waste" engraved on the caseback because the markers were painted with tritium to make them glow. Here's a pic:

B107_Ham_1.JPG

My dream watch is an IWC Mark XII. For now, I wear (and love) my black Omega Seamaster Pro:

Dscn3559.jpg

Quote:

Hamilton makes a great watch for the price. This is especially true for the watches in the Khaki collection that are based off of classic pilot designs. Another great Hamilton option is an old military issue watch. You can usually find the 46374B on ebay or an online watch dealer in pristine condition for under $150. The movement is only 7 jewels, but they're cool little watches. They have a radiation symbol on the dial and "Dispose Rad Waste" engraved on the caseback because the markers were painted with tritium to make them glow. Here's a pic:

B107_Ham_1.JPG

My dream watch is an IWC Mark XII. For now, I wear (and love) my black Omega Seamaster Pro:

Dscn3559.jpg

--- Original message by griffin on Aug 5, 2005 10:27 AM

that hamilton vintage watch is sweet. The irridescent glow from the radioactive material is supposed to work much better than the 'glow in the dark' stuff they stick on watches these days. The modern khaki automatic watch I bought last year was like 300$.

I think one of the most important things for any watch you buy is to get one with a sapphire crystal. I've banged the face of my watch hard into concrete and steel before and have 0 scratches or nicks on the crystal after wearing it every day for over 1 year. To me this is the single most practical feature of a watch. All the movements keep time and dates quite well..

After that, it is features and functionality (calendar stuff, stop watch, bezel readings or what have you).

Then, after that, it becomes a piece of jewelry and we're talking precious metals, (non-functional) jewels, and brand name. Not really my style, but to each his own..

Hamilton is to watches what APC is to denim. Smart, clean, well crafted, affordable, etc.

If you don't know now you know...

I've wanted to holler at a Panerai (specifically the 44mm Luminor Marina w/black face) since maybe 98/99 but not so much the last couple a years because every metro has one.

-Dub