Justifying this consuming mess

hewmiri

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy fashion because it's unique and creative. Fashion=Art.. Art means a lot to me. It's a way of expression. The way you dress can say a lot about your character. But as mike said, I tend to prioritize. I buy only when its nessecary, otherwise its paying off my student loans

foo i lined up for 12hrs to get the exclusive titoxpav 'Nessun mambo' collab

it on ebay now don't sleep

i used to love me some puente. pav is just another fat I-talian.

pav is hated on by tons of people in italy, mostly for being a blatant tax-evader.

i thought that all italians evaded taxes, were to busy dancing on grapes, or too lazy to do them...

I was initially only going to update on tuesdays, but believe it or not i've got triple the rep I did a week ago and now the problem therein lies determining which ones should make the update.

::sigh:: It looks like I might have to resort to a, "Best of" fan list sooner than I thought.

I'll probably update once I get home from work

to me getting stuff has always been about the hunt, im kinda weird so bear with me. ive always has some sort of wish list of things ireally want, and constantly revise this list, if something is wrong it gets bumped off the list, if something is better it replaces something else. once i get it i am elated, i guess continuing with the hunting metaphor its the kill phase.

but i am not very boastful, i think if i get something i post about it more here than i talk about it with my friends. then once the elation calms down i get in hunt mode again. so to me its like a cycle that i cant really get mentally over. but i probably will one day, when i have a closet full of shirts every shade of green imaginable, green is my favorite color, with matching tennis shoes of course.

This basically sums it up for me. I mean, jhey's what, 14? And the kid has more than one pair of $200+ jeans. Back in the early days of high school my clothes were cheap because it didn't make sense to buy stuff that was going to be outgrown in a year or two. Once I hit junior year and got a job, I started buying my own clothes, but a part-time job still meant Levis and mall stuff.

I went to university, picked up a sweet summer job making way more than enough to cover school, and so the new-found disposable income (and lack of any growth spurt threat) meant I could look at clothing as a long-term investment. So I justify my more expensive clothing as a better alternative to a small pile of cheap clothing. Basically, the cliché quantity versus quality argument. That and as I've grown, I've been less interested in having a closet with a rediculous amount of variety; I want a more cut-down, essential closet filled with quality, versatile pieces. I'm less tempted to blow my money on a cool tee that I'll be bored with by month's end.

In senior year, I had six pairs of shitty denim. And they were all slightly different shades of blue. Now I've got a pair of APCs and a beater pair of Levi's, and combined, they cost the same as the pairs back in high school. Sure, my wardrobe is larger now, both physically and financially, but as a kid, all I wore were tees and jeans, and the occasional sweater. I had a coat for spring/fall, and a winter ski jacket. I've got a far more varied wardrobe now, and it's a lot easier to justify my consumerism when I can say I at least have more bases covered, depending on event, weather, etc.

Those are my only pair of jeans and I saved up forever for them. It's embarrassing.

15 for the record

Right now I buy items that reflect my current lifestyle and self-concept. When I first got to college I was coming from private school so needless to say clothing wise I was seriously underhanded and ignorant. The only notable piece of "fashion" (if you could call it that) that I wore consistently through highschool were dunk airs (didn't even know about SBs 'til summer of 05).

Nowadays im still trying to develope a style that can allow me to seamlessly interact with the la brea/fairfax hipsters, ratty hollywood scene hipsters, rich jews, pacific palisades white people, uppermiddle class people, middleclass kanye esque mixed people, pot heads, people who dont get a F* what they wear, ktown girls, and lets not forget those THUG$

So its all a balancing act that forces me to carefully pick out what i'm going to buy so I don't have to worry about what im wearing with any given scene, but at the same time not investing too much in any said trend or scene. Just picking out the best from some and cordially avoiding most.

^I landed an internship that translated into a consulting gig downtown so it seems like i'm stuck here for the forseable future.

I'm looking into moving to either Japan or Paris once I get my resume up and getting lost in the art scene over there.

LAs a funny place, pick a scene and follow the rules and you'll be good for a while till it inevitably collapses upon itself due to petty rivalries and perversive agendas.. but all that doesn't spell out murcielago so i'm focusing on myself these days.

LA shows alot of potential though, mid city (between hollywood, beverlyhills, and korea town) is moving in an interesting direction these days so it might not hurt to stick around

Right now I buy items that reflect my current lifestyle and self-concept. When I first got to college I was coming from private school so needless to say clothing wise I was seriously underhanded and ignorant. The only notable piece of "fashion" (if you could call it that) that I wore consistently through highschool were dunk airs (didn't even know about SBs 'til summer of 05).

Nowadays im still trying to develope a style that can allow me to seamlessly interact with the la brea/fairfax hipsters, ratty hollywood scene hipsters, rich jews, pacific palisades white people, uppermiddle class people, middleclass kanye esque mixed people, pot heads, people who dont get a F* what they wear, ktown girls, and lets not forget those THUG$

So its all a balancing act that forces me to carefully pick out what i'm going to buy so I don't have to worry about what im wearing with any given scene, but at the same time not investing too much in any said trend or scene. Just picking out the best from some and cordially avoiding most.

Jesus Christ you are the worst poster on here

i think what i like most about countach (10) is that a normal troll is just consitently a stupid asshole, saying shit like "you guys are all fags" or "i'm gay and I want to fuck you thomas highstreet" ... but countach is a different kind of stupid asshole, in that he seems to actually want to contribute but seems impervious to the fact that no one likes him at all and he's an absolute fucking muppet...do you know these things?

i think what i like most about countach (10) is that a normal troll is just consitently a stupid asshole, saying shit like "you guys are all fags" or "i'm gay and I want to fuck you thomas highstreet" ... but countach is a different kind of stupid asshole, in that he seems to actually want to contribute but seems impervious to the fact that no one likes him at all and he's an absolute fucking muppet...do you know these things?

he's basically how ichigo was from about a month ago. don't expect too much improvement...

ichigo is less oblivious though ... or cares more what everyone else thinks

was he like that before under the fashionwhore handle?

whatever...who cares? two wrongs don't make a right...