Justifying this consuming mess

hewmiri

I’ve written down some points on why I think it’s okay to love fashion:

The addictive process of research and knowledge. Knowledge is nutrition.

Wanting something and the sheer excitement and joy of acquiring it.

Spending mass amounts of money is a form of liberation.

Feeling of pride in visually projecting a part of your personality to the public.

Discovering new ways to wear pieces of clothing.

Fascination of the varying tastes and opinions that the same species can have.

If you have your own please add.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy lots of Ann D. and Rick Owen to compensate for my below-average self-esteem. I post all my shit on Recent Purchases to make myself feel superior or better than others. Then I sell it all away in the next few days because I loose the high. I can never be content or satisfied w/ whatever I have. It's never enough or good enough.

djrajio I don't know if you're taking a stab at someone or honestly opening up because I don't pay attention to the recent purchases thread here but I really do think that if I were to choose the worst thread on superfuture it would be that one. I really don't see how ANYTHING good can come out of comparing the size of our wallets. Taking pictures of a pile of brand new stuff for the purpose of bragging to strangers is a bit disgusting to me.

I buy lots of Ann D. and Rick Owen to compensate for my below-average self-esteem. I post all my shit on Recent Purchases to make myself feel superior or better than others. Then I sell it all away in the next few days because I loose the high. I can never be content or satisfied w/ whatever I have. It's never enough or good enough.

Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...

I buy what I buy because I;

Appreciate the designer/artist

Enjoy the fabrics and techniques used

The fit

Timelessness

I enjoy the search

The ability to convey ones self through fabric/clothing

Why else do we all work?

The fit

Timelessness

I enjoy the search

Why else do we all work?

please tell me that your wardrobe/collection makes it just alittle bit easier to bang bitches... doesn't it??

The fit

Timelessness

I enjoy the search

Why else do we all work?

Cool, but I think you misunderstood the question. I wrote down a bunch of reasons why I think it's okay to love fashion because I've been thinking about how horrible things that come with fashion can be. Ego, narcissism, selfishness... Why is it okay for us to spend so much money on such materialistic things. Why are we giving into this system of consumerism.

I think it's important for all of us to actually think about this and acknowledge what the fuck we are doing.

Or maybe I'm just too sensitive to ego. I might be going through this phase where I over-think anything to do with ego. Don't know.

djraijo airing out chris?! fight of the century.

Cool, but I think you misunderstood the question. I wrote down a bunch of reasons why I think it's okay to love fashion because I've been thinking about how horrible things that come with fashion can be. Ego, narcissism, selfishness... Why is it okay for us to spend so much money on such materialistic things. Why are we giving into this system of consumerism.

I think it's important for all of us to actually think about this and acknowledge what the fuck we are doing.

Or maybe I'm just too sensitive to ego. I might be going through this phase where I over-think anything to do with ego. Don't know.

Ah,I see. Yea I took it as something different.

For me, I enjoy fashion for a slew of different reasons, but mostly because I enjoy what is essentially an art that can be worn on the human form.

Oh and because Kanye West wears Dior.

I buy lots of Julius to compensate for my below-average self-esteem. I post all my bonuses in superconfessional to make myself feel superior or better than others. I tell everyone I am quitting superfuture because I don't care about clothes any more. Then I come back to post again in the next few days because I loose the high. I can never be content or satisfied w/ whatever I have. It's never enough or good enough.

fixed! :)

when i buy a new dress, i want new shoes. then i want new skirt that matches those shoes. then i want a new top that will go perfect with that skirt. then i realize it is getting cold, so i need a new jacket to go with that top. then all of the sudden my purse doesn't match that new jacket. at the end of the day i find another dress that goes well with my new purse.

repeat.

also when i get ready in the morning and come up with a perfect ensemble, my day doesn't seem as dull.

in other words we all got to look proper to attract the targeted host for procreation. once theyre locked in we go for the kill! laws of nature.

i need some ann d assymetrical boxers. to go with my ccp over lock socks.

never ending.

when i buy a new dress, i want new shoes. then i want new skirt that matches those shoes. then i want a new top that will go perfect with that skirt. then i realize it is getting cold, so i need a new jacket to go with that top. then all of the sudden my purse doesn't match that new jacket. at the end of the day i find another dress that goes well with my new purse.

repeat.

also when i get ready in the morning and come up with a perfect ensemble, my day doesn't seem as dull.

wow. interesting, although not quite as pathetic as those self righteous cunts consistently boasting about their successes in the stock market, and with skanky japanese models... online. i find it kind of odd as to why some are so perpetually bitter and critical when they have such seemingly great lives!

but you know, i dont like to single people out or anything...

wow. interesting, but not quite as pathetic as those self righteous cunts consistently boasting about their successes in the stock market and with skanky japanese models... online. i find it kind of odd as to why some are so perpetually bitter and critical when they have such seemingly great lives!

but you know, i dont like to single people out or anything...

U DUN EVEN KNO HOW DIS WERK DO U