die cast INITIAL D AE86

thomas_highstreet

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the style of it, but performance wise, would never take it up over plenty of cars in or under it's price range.

i already have a main car that i use daily, this is just for a fun project car...

it beats a classic mini, much less comon and with my tommy tofu decals it'll look str8 pimpin'

i just switched from FWD vauxhall to RWD bmw, but its to nice to thrash and im stil conditioning engine and shit.

what other jp RWD are decent?? i dont think anything will come close to the various apeal of the hachirox

RAJIO;

have you seen that model in person? do you think it beats the jada one?

jd2029_008.jpg

Oh, while we're on the subject of IDAS v. 4 (sort of), I played the shit out of it in Japan and it was fun but sort of disappointing :(

Penalty Cancel and that strange understreer that always appears in the same spots make it slightly unique (the "drifting" mechanics are still just a gimmick), but other than that it's the same old stuff.

Highstreet, do you mean any old RWD or a Trueno in particular?

ONLINE BATTLES are the shit but they are absent from the US version.

Yeah.....I like the new cards though! They're nice and thick.

post pictures of your fd with your AWESOME wheel fitment ;)

i am going to.. just want a die cast in the interim... it'll take a while to source a good ae86 in the uk. might have to pick one up when im in japan or something. :S

you really got one? liez.

no i really do. 1989 kouki coupe gts, recently painted white. not panda, just white. jdm conversion, zenki lip, stock engine, ssr reverse mesh rims. theres plenty of ae86s in the uk. dont go to japan for one, theres no need. plus in the us theres no levin model, there in the uk you got the levin and its easier to find.

no i really do. 1989 kouki coupe gts, recently painted white. not panda, just white. jdm conversion, zenki lip, stock engine, ssr reverse mesh rims. theres plenty of ae86s in the uk. dont go to japan for one, theres no need. plus in the us theres no levin model, there in the uk you got the levin and its easier to find.

hmm.. toyoto corolla coupe gt apex.. is our badged version... some pop up on ebay every now n then for about £3000 ($6000).. think its a bit high priced or not to bad?

yeah, here in the us its toyota corolla gts... levin is the one with the fixed headlights.

i wouldnt go with an ebay car....depedning on the condition that could be a good price, but honestly i wouldnt pay that high of a price, cause for that you should be getting a pretty well built one, defeating the purpose of owning the car in the first place. its a real good car to build up yourself as a project. teaches you so much about the car itself. also you gotta think about do you really like this car? or is it just cause of initial d, because you need to know initial d is a fiction, almost none of those things can be achieved by a normal person with out humoungous practice. alot of newcomers buy the corolla thinking its a great car which is totally not the case. its a slow piece of shit that breaks down on you all the time and its slow slow slow. but if you really love the car like how many others do then youll keep it... i suggest you go to this site and do a bit of reasearch first:

club4ag.com, the forums seciton has a humoungous amount of info

yeh i know.. but im a relatively compitent driver. i drive RWD now (bmw 120) but wanted a car to mess about in (dont want to scuff the bima)

the hachirokz will never be to race or anything, just a fun car that i can piss around in and not care too much if i scrape the alloys...

its either that or a british mini..

and the hachi roku has the bonus of being able to say tomasu tofu shopuuuuuuuuuuu on the side. no car could ever beat that.

cheap Japanese RWD?

rx7(fc, fd), mr2, altezza, silvia (especially s14), 300zx(n/a, not the twinturbo one), s2000

take your pick.

fd is my favourite one, but I doubt that I'll be able to get one in time

I have no idea how things are in london, but over here, if you look carefully, you could find an ap1 s2000 for around $13'500. Or you could get an e36 ($7000+) and play with that.

yeh i know.. but im a relatively compitent driver. i drive RWD now (bmw 120) but wanted a car to mess about in (dont want to scuff the bima)

the hachirokz will never be to race or anything, just a fun car that i can piss around in and not care too much if i scrape the alloys...

its either that or a british mini..

and the hachi roku has the bonus of being able to say tomasu tofu shopuuuuuuuuuuu on the side. no car could ever beat that.

people will laugh at your tofu shop sticker and piss on it. dont get the sticker. please.

fuck a jdm trueno visor fanboy. y'all fucked the game up.

but, thank u for the $.

i was 17, my first car was a 1986 corolla gt-s. or like they call it, hachi roku. took it to prom too.

sorry to say, but. no lsd, stock engine slow as shit, holes in the rear and shock tower. sold it for 4grand cdn. during the whole initial d, drifting craze.

mods were:

short ram intake and hks sponge filter

techno pro spirit 8kg, 6kg springs w/ kyb agx's

magnaflow cat back exhaust

momo monte carlo steering wheel

P1000674.jpg

just before an open track day w/ some 15x7" rimz

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture009.jpg

140,000 kms

Picture010.jpg

nice man. that looks fucking cool.

..hachiroku means 86.. probably the more correct name for it than the rebadged us/eu ones.

im not to bothered if its not as fast as a veron. its a toy at the end of the day and i couldnt give two shits, just like the shape and the humour..

im copping one come summer when i got a garage/port built to work on it under.. weathers shit in the uk and dont wanna have it in bits for the whole of the winter.

nice.

k, i didn't mean to direct the post to u. those were just my personal feelings bout the car.

hachi-roku in the ae86 community not only refers to the year, but also the gt-s model, and not the hachi-go which is the sr5 here.

and kouki is later model, 86-87 while zenki is the earlier model 84-85.

if ur getting the real car, just watch out for holes. it's a unibody car so any holes from rust effs up the structural rigidity. the shock tower, right under the brake master cylinder, rear rocker panels, and the sides behind the rear bumper.

thanks alot. v. good advice.

im going to try pick one up that someone else has already done all the hard work on... hopefully all thats left for me is a respray, and i got compressors at my place so should be fine.

hmm.. i got a while to figure out the game plan, and i havent even run in my bima yet.

what other things are likely to be problem areas on 'em?

i agree on jdm whoring being gay, but wtf on calling zenki and kouki being lame.

on a side note:

saying hachi-roku makes people sound like a weeee-abo fag, and is NOT a reference to the year. i hate it when people are like wow thats not even a hachi-roku, its not 1986.... :|

god superfuture is what is fucking me up from saving up money for a kaaz lsd. fuck you sufu fuck you.

The only thing I can suggest is that you keep an eye out for rust. A repainted AE86 will hide a lot of sins and definitely look the part, but all the work gone into it won't be worth much if the chassis is full of cancer. The hatch hinges and around the fuel filler really common spots for rust. I'm completely in love with rwd Corollas though, my favorite being the TE27...

normal_TE27a.jpg

2128775_23_full.jpg

ronte271do3.jpg