shotter's nation

calvin1663

disappointing

all the old songs sound better in his previous recordings (live @ leeds, stookie sessions)... these new versions are too poppy, theyve lost their power. kinda sounds like babyshambles lite. anyway this is probably going straight to no.1 so up the shambles

i think the reason to make it less raw was to show that pete is together enough to put out a complete cohesive album rather than a bunch of songs recorded at different places and different times. I still think its a damn good record.

And at least it isn't anywhere near as over produced as dirty pretty things.

^agreed...stephen street did a really good job, apparently he wasn't afraid to tell peter he needed to go back and completely rewrite vocals for a song or change a riff, etc...I still kinda wish baddie's boogie had the faster chorus they've been playing live (at carling, glasto, etc.), the slowed down version is nice, but it's got so much more energy w/ the fast one

^agreed...stephen street did a really good job, apparently he wasn't afraid to tell peter he needed to go back and completely rewrite vocals for a song or change a riff, etc...I still kinda wish baddie's boogie had the faster chorus they've been playing live (at carling, glasto, etc.), the slowed down version is nice, but it's got so much more energy w/ the fast one

i'd love to see them live, my only live experience with them are from youtube or bootlegs. stupid atlantic ocean.

i think its great, but it does lack the edge of Down in Albion and the underappreciated beauty of The Blinding EP. ive been listening to it almost non-stop for 2 days now, and i really like it, but there are moments when i wish it was a little rougher. stephen street has always produced great albums, but this one, despite being a great album, does not rank high on his list of greats. i have some acoustic demos of all the stuff, and he changed around a lot of words (doherty that is), and there are a few tunes i'd wish they'd go back to (wolfman, babyshambles, etc.) in terms of style of writing. i'm very happy with the record, and let the haters hate, because its all a matter of taste as it is. i'd love to see babyshambles, in the Uk or here in the US, but i'll be damned if i dont see them before pete OD's or something along those lines.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=27078&highlight=pete+doherty

that was when i was unsure of my like of doherty and babyshambles... but since then i've come a long way in terms of my understanding of him.

• 2 weeks later...