Merchandise

powerglov

Okay, this post may seem strange, but here goes...

I've been hired as the merchandise director for my school's business society and I need to come up with a small selection of products for them to sell throughout the school year.

Basically I was thinking:

-screenprinted t's,

-hoodies (preferably zip up),

-embroidered polos,

-pins and stickers, all with a simple school of business logo. Affordable but decent quality.

They also had some interest in a more fun t-shirt.. like something pop-culture related .. but I really don't know what would hit off with that group.

Any suggestions? (not limited to just the T design, anything on the project in general would be great!)

No I'm not going to do selvage denim.

Quote:

Okay, this post may seem strange, but here goes...

I've been hired as the merchandise director for my school's business society and I need to come up with a small selection of products for them to sell throughout the school year.

Basically I was thinking:

-screenprinted t's,

-hoodies (preferably zip up),

-embroidered polos,

-pins and stickers, all with a simple school of business logo. Affordable but decent quality.

They also had some interest in a more fun t-shirt.. like something pop-culture related .. but I really don't know what would hit off with that group.

Any suggestions? (not limited to just the T design, anything on the project in general would be great!)

No I'm not going to do selvage denim.

--- Original message by powerglov on Aug 1, 2005 06:11 PM

I suggest working with a company that does t's hoodies and polos already. Unless you really want to learn how to source stuff on your own. Chances are, you'll get better product, get more free stuff for yourself, and maybe even a cheaper price?

I'm not talking about a cheapo generic company that churns out these things, but an actual branded clothing company. If they can have some control over the design, I think there are companies that might be interested. Maybe someone on this board will bite..

Is this a business school project? If so, I take it you'll primarily be selling to people going to the school. In my experience, the kind of stuff that will sell to most b-schoolers ranges from cooler bottles or coffee mugs (large ones with the lids that you can fill and bring to class) to baseball hats and tees. Ring binders or legal pads might work too. They might also go for sweats or workout shorts. Less then 5% of them will actually get any pop-culture reference worth making but most will buy something small if it serves a reasonably useful purpose and isn't too expensive.