NOM de GUERRE website launch

soultek

I've detected a lot of hate directed at this store too. Not sure why.

During my last trip to NYC, it was one of the most impressive stores I visited. Impressive because of location, store setup, quality of materials, fit, colors, staff (friendly and helpful). Their co-branded/exclusive stuff was neat. Their shoe selection was good. The other brands they carried were good too.

It was a little overpriced maybe, but to me that didn't really matter because it seemed like they got everything else right.

The clothes seem to focus on classic designs with attention to fit and fabric: checkered button downs in basic colors, M65 type jacket, merino wool V-necks. No loud labels, logos, or lettering. Good for people who may feel like they have outgrown Stussy (no disrespect intended, I like Stussy too).

I cannot say I like the arabic print hoodie though..

Quote:

ok still 200 for a hoodie or a sweater?? common. though i gotta admit i would def buy it because of the design.

--- Original message by absolut on Jul 31, 2005 06:53 PM

200$ for a hoodie no. I agree w/ you on that one.

200$ for an italian made virgin wool baby blue vneck sweater. I say yes.

When i was there in May the guy specifically said there will be no plans for mail order. They want you to come visit the store.

Quote:

rogan hoodies are $200. Hoodies are so ubiquitous is is only a matter of time before someone makes a $500 hoodie. I met a guy that had this hoodie (I don't know the designer, but this guy could afford anything) that had a military can opener on the zipper pull, it was rad!

--- Original message by Serge d Nimes on Jul 31, 2005 09:19 PM

serge,

are those rogan hoodies washed or distressed much? i'm interested in checking those out, but it's too damn hot here to even think about it yet.

Quote: yo i'd get that but people probably call me a terrorist cause i'm indian.

Yeah, that's something I didn't want to say because it's so ridiculous, but hey, there you go.

GDEH, Supreme, and some Japanese labels are doing/have done stuff with Arabic writing. I like it.

Quote: ^^ The company is SVSV

http://www.svsv.net/

That's the one. Not really feeling anything aside from that hoodie (and not feeling that too much either) after looking at the site (my ninja fantasies having ended at around the same time I started to notice girls). Best of luck to them getting anyone with approximately equal amounts of money and sense to throw down $3k on a halloween costume.

Edited by Yakboy Equals Nurturer on Aug 1, 2005 at 01:49 PM

I love NDG. I'm far from their typical customer genre, but they always have interesting products, and the guys who run the store really are some cool motherfuckers. Wills that dude, and I wish them all the success ni the world, because they are kepnig it real in their own little way. I'm waiting for them to start stiocknig the 3x's and 4xs so I can realy suppotr them.