The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Nothing crazy going on yet... but i took pictures for the monthaversary... so throwing one up

A little over a month... Fading pretty fast... texture is crazy

45rpm Nando Nando (BC4000 version)

Those look like they will turn out pretty impressive. Don't let those predistressed pics scare ya :P

haha yea

the predistressed were pretty nasty

i think thats with frequent washing though, kind of like how eternals get really streaky with a lot of washes

I was gonna wash every month, but after seeing those pics im going for the no wash for as long as possible route

haha yea

the predistressed were pretty nasty

i think thats with frequent washing though, kind of like how eternals get really streaky with a lot of washes

I was gonna wash every month, but after seeing those pics im going for the no wash for as long as possible route

Good call. I think the paradigm has shifted on here to overwashing in general, which in my opinion doesn't look that great. I like high contrast though, so I'm definitely biased in that respect.

Good call. I think the paradigm has shifted on here to overwashing in general, which in my opinion doesn't look that great. I like high contrast though, so I'm definitely biased in that respect.

i don't think there are too many people who overwash. i did it with my samurai contest and so did cheap, but he always did that. but there are also plenty of people who haven't washed at all yet in the comp.

yeah seriously....i kinda just go with my gut feeling on each pair of jeans...some times i wash them several times and sometimes....not at all. I try to always wait atleast 3-4 months however before i give them that first cold soak....my skulls are about due for a second wash but i need to wait longer...my thigh fades need to come through a bit more.....

those nando nandos look pretty nice and look to be similarly colored to the pbj xx-007. i wonder if they will fade similarly. What the texture like on them?

but does anyone else find it strange looking at a pair of super high quality japanese denim and seeing a zip fly?

The S0505 has a zip fly and they are by far my favorite pair of jeans yet. They would be just a tad better with a button fly and hidden rivets though.

those nando nandos look pretty nice and look to be similarly colored to the pbj xx-006. i wonder if they will fade similarly. What the texture like on them?

but does anyone else find it strange looking at a pair of super high quality japanese denim and seeing a zip fly?

the texture is really streaky... but its like vertical streaks of slub.. or something... its really unique... theyre also light, like 9oz... i forgot the exact amount so they dont feel or look too much like denim, more like khakis

and yea i didnt like the zip fly but not i dont mind it

yeah, weight i guess doesnt always indicate the strength of a denim and how it will hold up. Surprised to hear they are that light though.

It seems to me that fading on my pbj 007s is going faster than i would have expected too.. i guess like me you expected something with indigo warp and weft to take forever to show much wear.

I don't think they don't look THAT bad.

I don't see what the big deal would have been if he did. I don't know that pinching your creases looks (or is) any less contrived than wearing extraordinarily filthy jeans for months in a row. Admittedly, the latter does tend to look better, but both look contrived in my opinion and both look better than 99 percent of the shit out there.

they still look like shit

people...natural wear is the only way to go.....

I don't think they don't look THAT bad.

I don't see what the big deal would have been if he did. I don't know that pinching your creases looks (or is) any less contrived than wearing extraordinarily filthy jeans for months in a row. Admittedly, the latter does tend to look better, but both look contrived in my opinion and both look better than 99 percent of the shit out there.

congrats, 4 wildly incorrect statements in a row. must be some kind of record...

those sanded nudies are just crap. next.

Finally washed my 11-month-old Iron Army Sebastians when I got back from Brazil. I was shocked to find out they were actually blue, NOT brown and green!

191 wears by my count.

Before wash

img2194sp3.jpg

After wash

img2214dg0.jpg

Before

img2204bu2.jpg

After

img2225hj9.jpg

Visited the IA factory a couple days ago (I strongly suggest paying a visit if you're in the LA area!) and got to snap some pics next to a brand new pair. I'm pretty blown away by the color change

img2298af8.jpg

img2299hj2.jpg