The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Got these back in early October, washed for the first time last night. I wore them around 5 times a week through the end of December, then about half that often when I started rotating in my x-mas Sugar Canes. Probably could have waited a few more months for a wash, but they were starting to smell and the waist had stretched quite a bit. I wasn't expecting a magical post-wash transformation, so I'm pretty happy with the way they look. The color is really rich and complex in person - I wish it wasn't 100-below and overcast so that I could get some shots in natural light.

(click for big pics)

Pre-wash:

Dukes_pre_wash_010a0a.jpg

Dukes_pre_wash_0025c6.jpg

Dukes_pre_wash_007d90.jpg

Wringing 'em dry:

Dukes_post_wash_00247d.jpg

Post-wash:

Dukes_post_wash_004116.jpg

Dukes_post_wash_005620.jpg

Dukes_post_wash_008958.jpg

Dukes_post_wash_0105d6.jpg

Yo headtowall,

Those Jordans in the backround, are they from '85 or '01?

My current beaters are White/Black/Red I's from '85, which i love with my denim...

They're '01s. Pretty beat at this point, so I usually wear them to shows and stuff. I'd love to have more Is, but passed on all the patent retros. Will probably have to get the black toes whenever those come out.

Those last Nudies posted are nice. And the Wranglers. And the Skulls. And the 47s.

Did you size down at all on these?

nah, i actually didn't... i usually wear like a 32x30 pant. i went and bought the 34x34

deadstocks, and soaked them in the beginning to get some of the shrinkage out... to

be honest, they're still kind of loose in the waist... i do consider them somewhat 'slim'

but it might be the angle of the pic that made them look that slim... i'll try and get some

full shots and throw them up on here

those turned out pretty nice man... I stopped wearing my STF after the first wash.. they looked really cheap like the kind of jeans you find at walmart for $20 (then again, they almost are)... they also didnt fit though anymore

still, those look good, but they lose alot of color after washing

I think there's no need to gang up on the guy. One or two comments and I'm sure he'll get the point.

To be honest, I like my APCs overall more than my PBJs. Not to mention Japanese jeans are pretty damn hyped on this board - more so than APCs at this point I'd say.

I like APCs as well... so much so that I've posted pictures of mine. The cut on my Cure is really flattering and modern, and they fade nicely. They also get the most amount of comments from clothing shop assistants than any of my other jeans.

That said, the APC material isn't holding up as well as some of my other denim, but that's cool, because I'll probably be tired of the cut in a while anyway. They fade well enough for people to have a satisfying fade in an appropriate time frame.

Makes me wonder what some doods are going to do 2 years from now when the flights of men's fancies have changed and they have 10 pairs of 20 oz denim in cuts that they no longer want and no fades to show for.

dscf00232xj0.jpg

dscf00242jy1.jpg

I think there's no need to gang up on the guy. One or two comments and I'm sure he'll get the point.

That said, the APC material isn't holding up as well as some of my other denim, but that's cool, because I'll probably be tired of the cut in a while anyway. They fade well enough for people to have a satisfying fade in an appropriate time frame.

i think jooles says it best.

since you mentioned, i'd like to check with all the guys who've worn in APC jeans - is the denim on the knees worn particularly thin? i pulled them on the other day and it kind of scares me how fragile they feel now. might have to patch them sometime...

great looking APC, guys.

i think jooles says it best.

since you mentioned, i'd like to check with all the guys who've worn in APC jeans - is the denim on the knees worn particularly thin? i pulled them on the other day and it kind of scares me how fragile they feel now. might have to patch them sometime...

great looking APC, guys.

My New Standards are a year old now and the knees are still pretty strong. Actually, they've held up really well all over. This is probably because they've been put on the backburner for other projects (lvc 47s, pbj xx-005), but even so the latter two pairs have had breaks and the APCs have not.

I picked up these jeans from a 2nd hand store, raw. I think these are from 2003 before I knew of this site and I was doing everything as I saw fit- thus no soak, I even hemmed them (bad mistake.) Anyways, here they are. I believe they were tailored/tapered before I bought them, but it was a BANG UP job: Levi's 577, 29x33:

img1433as7.jpg

img1434ve8.jpg

Love how blown out these are. What kind of fit are 577s?

superstar always reminds me of that annoying "friend" who you never want to follow you and your real friends around yet he always does and ends up saying things like that last comment in hopes of fitting yet ironically it just digs him into a deeper hole

I lol'ed at that shit. Some beautiful fucking APCs on the last couple of pages, can't wait to finish up my Standards and try a pair of Cures. Honestly, the cut between the two seems so versatile depending on the sizing, and now that they have black New Cures I could probably buy exclusively APC jeans for my next two pairs and be completely satisfied.

More than that, most likely. I'll never get tired of well-made, reasonably-priced, nicely-fitting jeans. As much as I'd kill for a pair of Imperials / Flat Heads, I'd have to try them on, and then they'd have to drop their price by about $100. It's all about economically-induced minimalism, I tell you what.

i too am a fan of apc's. The cuts are super great. I just wish I wouldnt have ripped my rescues to ship. Ill prolly getr a pair of the NS's next....maybe....if i can find them for cheap. bah...i shouldnt even be thinking about another pair of jeans...

btw there wasnt really any need to gang up on him...