The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Stun–was just talking about your 101s. They're looking much loved. How much would you say they shrank in length? I thought you'd stop wearing them now that they didn't stack. I forget, did you wash in cold, warm or hot?

measurement on the rise? it doesnt look like the typical rise of a wrangler jeans....oh and fit too. Those look pretty neat imo. I love the wrangler rivets on the pockets.

who makes wrangler repros? I know that edwin does but any of the other big cmpanies usually discussed on this board?

sda did one last year. limited edition though. i'm still kicking myself for not picking it up.

Stun–was just talking about your 101s. They're looking much loved. How much would you say they shrank in length? I thought you'd stop wearing them now that they didn't stack. I forget, did you wash in cold, warm or hot?

In length, they shrank about an inch and a half. I did a hot soak the first time, a hot wash a second time, and got caught in the rain on Sunday. Rode them yesterday to dry em off.

Just checked my PM today, and saw that you messaged me a while back :X. Sorry about that, I hardly keep track of SF messages. I havent been able to check. But Im kinda intersted in them myself, seeing that mine stretched at least 2 sizes in the waist.

hahaha!

serously though, you got hit on two occasions, how the hell?

HAHA yea... First time it was the ladys fault, and I didnt get her information. Just left cuz I was pissed. Second time it was partially both our faults. I ran a red, she has bad vision and just mashed off the green pretty fast. HAHA... At least it add character to my jeans, I guess.

Hopefully I dont get hit before New Years. I dont have anymore money to put towards my bike! HAHA!

Guest jeffvyain
Jeffvyain, those sammies are looking great...I really dont see why you need a size smaller. They actually look slightly more fitted then my 29's do. Anyway, congrats on the wear.

if i had bought them a size smaller i would've never had to throw them in the dryer. that's my only qualm. i just washed and dried them yesterday for the 2nd time, and now they fit exactly how i wanted them to. i'll probably never have to do that again now. thank god

oh and thanks by the way. after yesterday, they're looking even cooler. they're a little more blue and they're getting a little bit of a streaky look to them with some vertical falling (not like eternals or anything, but still very cool).

Well since I know some people love before pics and no after pics! ;) Finally got around to organizing some pictures and figured I would put these up since they arent they usual apc/nudie.

1101-01.jpg

1101-06.jpg

1101-07.jpg

1101-08.jpg

1101-09.jpg

I would post after pics, but these things are slow wearing! going to take years for me to get them worn in :\ But the denim is beautiful and a serious work of art.

Got a little late with the before pictures so combs are already developing.

But in 6 months time these babies will rock the world.

Ande Whall Grifters 28x36

PICT0229.jpg

PICT0230.jpg

PICT0232.jpg

PICT0233.jpg

PICT0234.jpg

RRDS at 3 months. I'm going to wash them in a few weeks, at the end of the semester. They won't get too much interesting wear while I'm at home and I'd rather not bring them home just to fester. I'm also getting a little creeped out putting them on since they haven't been washed.

Contrast is getting there, nothing crazy yet, but in time they should be good.

This is my first pair of dry denim. Worn without any weird starching or crap, because uh..I don't wear starched jeans, so I was just doing this completely natural.

309595970_d1170231de.jpg

309595971_c7ebccaab1.jpg

Thoughts? This is my first go at this so tell me what up

Next on the list: Skulls or Ande Grifters

HighHopes...you may have ispired my to try a pair....did you ever starch, and if so how often? Did you soak them before you began wearing....and last for the first wash did you use soap or just a long rinse?

I usually starched once every two weeks to a month.

I soaked them in warm water for 3 hours and let them hang dry before wearing.

And when I washed them I put them in the machine on a hot/cold rinse and used a little detergent and a small amount of bleach.