new ipods announced today.

its swanny

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come everyone is bashing on the touch for having very low space, but the iphone has less and people aren't too critical of that?

i think its because music playing and storage in general is a secondary function for the iphone.

did anyone find the starbucks callabo a bit humorous?

i think its because music playing and storage in general is a secondary function for the iphone.

did anyone find the starbucks callabo a bit humorous?

I found it hilarious. The feature will only work for two cities so it's so few people who'll be able to use it, and the function itself is just to no use when you have the iTunes store. Oh well they properly got $$$$$ for implementing it.

Waiting for the itouch to get a bit more capacity and for a skype or other VOIP provider to create an app accessible through the touch or iphone.

PS: Is there a microphone on the itouch or do the iphone headphones work on there? (i.e. can you record a voice message onto an itouch) - that may or may not be the tipping point for a skype like app to be possible.

Waiting for the itouch to get a bit more capacity and for a skype or other VOIP provider to create an app accessible through the touch or iphone.

There is a Skype workaround for the iPhone but you could imagine that At&t is not very happy about it. I'm sure sooner or later someone will come up with something.

There is a Skype workaround for the iPhone but you could imagine that At&t is not very happy about it. I'm sure sooner or later someone will come up with something.

Of course they wouldn't be happy about it. Nor am I paying a $60+ / month phone bill. I'd love to see a workaround for the itouch - they're bound to expand the capacity on that much faster than on the iphone and for less $$$

... draw backs would be - no visual voicemail, or general ease of phone utility. (ie. you'd have to log into your skype app everytime to call...)

At least for now, the iphone has already been unlocked.

What do you think the chances are of Apple releasing a larger Nano anytime soon?

I've been wanting to purchase a new mp3 player for ages but I've held on to see what Apple came up with and I'm still wavering.

If they'd released a 16gb Nano I'd have been sold, in fact I was really surprised they didn't but I guess that they might of felt it would take sales away from the Touch?

am i the only one excited by the new touchscreen capabilities on mp3 players? ive been waiting a pretty long time for them to actually apply the technology. same screen size as a pmp/pvp but stays as small as a regular HD mp3. mmmmm.............

im still going to buy cowons version though. fuck the ipod.

I'd be psyched on the touch technology, but with the iPod its a huge downer that there are no dedicated tactile buttons for pause/next track/previous track/volume.

I don't wanna take the thing out of my fucking pocket every time I feel I want to adjust volume, skip a song, make a phonecall, etc.

PS: Is there a microphone on the itouch or do the iphone headphones work on there? (i.e. can you record a voice message onto an itouch) - that may or may not be the tipping point for a skype like app to be possible.

Folks are claiming theres bluetooth hidden in the iPod touch, which would of course lead us to believe that you could use any number of headsets to make Skype calls if need be.

I was reading around on apple insider and a few people were saying that there's headsets for the ipod that you can record a voice message. Or at least that's how interpreted it. So if that's true I'm sure there'll be a work around to get something like that to work on the touch involving skype. But even though I said i'd wait 'till late october to order the ipod touch, I ordered one this morning. 'll get it on the 2nd or so.

I'd be psyched on the touch technology, but with the iPod its a huge downer that there are no dedicated tactile buttons for pause/next track/previous track/volume.

I don't wanna take the thing out of my fucking pocket every time I feel I want to adjust volume, skip a song, make a phonecall, etc.

agreed....