I need you!!!

SoleHead

I need your creative ideas, I'm currently trying to establish my own business. I want to open a boutique in Boston area, the main focus of this boutique will be denim and t-shirts. I want to provide merchandise to college students who are just looking for great fashion at a low price and also to anyone who enjoys exclusive hard to find clothing. If anyone has any good ideas as far as the name, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Suggestions I got from gq.com forum

Woof and Warp (this is an Old English expression for "the 'fabric' of our lives", which in this case is fitting for your boutique's strong focus on denim)

This is a good one, but I think it would be better if the name is easier to remember? What you guys think?

Jean Therapy is already an established business, so thats out of the question. I like names like "Lounge " - SOHO and also Scoop NYS , names that are easy to remember. I am drawing blank.......Hopefully someone here will have something good for me!!

I dunno, most college students are turned off by high-priced "unknown" denim. If you can establish a niche, or setup in an area with atleast a slight interest in denim, more power. Establishing your store could be hard, and quickly dissapear, if your not prepared enough..

Actually in the State of MA the trademark cost is only a little over 100$ . I am really trying to start a business, so I am willing to accept the fact that it is going to cost me money. Thanks for your reply, I'll keep your idea in my mind and also try to maybe come up with some of my own, once again thanks.

Well put it like this, in the Boson area only two places carries Cheap Monday, and finding Nudie in your size is preety tough. In the Boston area alone there are maybe over 300k college students.

Edmond, thanks for the offer. I will gladly accept any help/suggestins I can get. I'm just tired to going into stores and talking to owners/employees who really dosen't care about the customers or anything else besides the money factor. Don't get me wrong after all it is a business, but this is something I enjoy......

I'm sorry but if you can't even come up with a name for the store or what products you want to supply I have little faith in you starting up and successfully running a business.

Forums are a great resource for fine tuning a business plan but not for devising one from scratch, if you are really serious about this I would suggest you do market research which is more applicable to your exact demographic/psychographic.

from levis -nudie and anything that falls in between. price ranges will be 29$ - 300$ for deinims. I woudn't mind carrying a little bit of streetwear, brands such as 10Deep clothing or artful dodger has some cool t-shirts.

Guest Mayhem

PLACE. you should name it place. people in boston will say "lets go to place" "waht place?" "PLACE!"

what would be mad stupid and cool too is buying the stuff from supermarket and stocking it for your store. like a buffalo exchange of sorts.

I imagine anyone with a killer name in the mecca of denim conversation on the net will probably keep it to themselves, or are selling jeans through their own shop - either web or location.

I can suggest this creative idea, consider choosing yourself a single product and focusing on that one brand - become successful selling one brand and then start to make choices.

In terms of the name, here's my sage advice - This is something you are going to be spending countless hours and dollars developing, make sure it's something personal to you. The name itself should be worth 16 hour days, eating ramen in trade for a pile of jeans 4' tall in your closet and spending thousands of dollars every month in a gamble that you'll be able to trade your product to friends.

Make the name something very personal to you.

It's like making an album and finding out record labels aren't beating down the door.

It'll cost you $2,400 to record your album.

When you walk into the studio to record your music make sure it's what you want to hear, what you've got to say - not what you think people want to hear because it's marketable.

Record like it might be the last thing you could ever afford to put on tape - the last dollar you could ever spend on music.

Carry that philosophy to your store and you'll do fine. Afterall, there truly isn't that much difference between the two.

You're spending three-thousand dollars, at the end of the day at least you'll have something to listen to that sounds good to your ears - buy what you want with your cash, I'm sure your friends and customers will do the same.