hey guys, got a quick question. i'm looking at getting these some ray ban eye glasses but they're made in china. aren't raybans all made in italy? or ais it just the sunglasses that are made in italy and eyeglasses made in china?

Ordered some Olliver Peoples NDG-1's from smartbuyglasses.com. They sent me a mail saying their out of stock and are chasing them up with a list of options, either waiting,cancelling or changing the order. Anyone know if they are still making the glasses, i'm aware their pretty old. Just curious if anyone else has ordered stuff from these guys before.

Ordered some Olliver Peoples NDG-1's from smartbuyglasses.com. They sent me a mail saying their out of stock and are chasing them up with a list of options, either waiting,cancelling or changing the order. Anyone know if they are still making the glasses, i'm aware their pretty old. Just curious if anyone else has ordered stuff from these guys before.

i dont know if that site is legit, but i know some stores still have the OP x NDG, so even if they are an old style i doubt its discontinued because i know it does quite well.

Their a great pair of glasses, im just deciding right now between those or a pair of robert geller josephs

just got that too. i canceled it and got the refund back right away. i paid through paypal. which color did you order?

So I needed to replace my old Oliver Peoples after I sat on them (win) and I ended up ordering a pair from Warby Parker since they were only $95 shipped with rx lenses. Only took about a week from placing the order to receiving them. For the price the quality is surprisingly good, and they fit really well. The model name is Huxley btw (48-22-145):

4487018770_6024d171ca.jpg

The fit is a lot like the Moscot Nebb in my opinion... I'll most likely get a pair of Moscots once I get the funds and time to go to their NYC store and have them fitted for my face, but these are working out pretty great for the time being.

anyone know anythin about paul frank glasses? quality and stuffs.

I have a pair of Paul Frank glasses. I think they are Beat Poet's. I had lenses placed in them by an independent shop. They are a good size and shape for me, but not entirely comfortable, nor does the shop dude seem to be able to get them more comfortable, which is confusing. He did say they don't feel like crap plastic, but he didn't exactly rave about the quality. I got them on sale from The Bunker.

I guess a rule of thumb would be too try all glasses on before you buy! I love the shape of my Oliver Peoples "Ari", but the bridge is too wide and they are angular for my face.

Something to note about OP! Ever since the company was sold in the late 80's/ early 90's(?), the quality has been greatly compromised. If you feel a good pair from before Luxottica, the style & quality are amazing!

Anyone know of glasses with bigger square lenses with a thinner black rim?

The dita verve is the closest thing I can find, but I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

like this?

TOMFORD_FT_5013_B5.jpg