Arrow Moccasins

bodiem

So I was checking out the "Shoes That Look Better With Age" thread over in superdenim and there someone mentioned Arrow Moccasins. They seem to be of pretty good quality, handmade in Hudson, Massachusetts.

Here is a link to their site: http://www.arrowmoc.com/mocasins.html They actually don't even take a credit card number online; they call you on the phone for it.

Here are some better pictures of some lace ups and ring mocs (at least, the pictures from some Japanese websites reselling them):

sub1.jpgsub1.jpg

Shot of the mysterious gladiator moccasins:

1wh.jpg

Some aged shots (2 years):

a01.jpga02.jpga03.jpga04.jpga05.jpga06.jpga08.jpg

Has anyone worn a pair of some of these? I'm curious if anyone has delt with their direct website and what their experiences were, what the contruction quality is. I also really want to see if there are some more shots of the gladiator mocs floating around.

It looks like the crepe sole option is available on some of the heavier boots, but I too do not see the lace boot with the crepe on their website. They do offer a double sole for many models, but I would like to hear a testimonial from someone who's worn them. I'll try and call arrow and see if they can give me some info.

wow. damn, another thing to add to the list. i see two shoes there that i would pick up.

CANOE MOC

2.jpg

LINED LACED BOOT................................................................. or...................... LACED BOOT

4wl.jpg4.jpg

which would you go for? im kinda torn between the lined or plain boots. dont know.

gnar, you didnt like the Arrow quality in person?

I love Quoddy trail aswell, but the buisness rep is slow as usuall ... I really wish I lived in the US for stuff like this.. Id be knee deep in moccasins if that was the case.

Sorry, I wasn't clear - the Arrow Mocs are great quality in person. The leather is super thick and they probably wear really well. I'm also unsure about the all leather sole. I'm sure there not made for urban use, but looks like they'd hold up well. The white Vibram sole on my Russell Mocs wears easily as well. I just meant that I was more impressed by the Russell Mocs I own and have seen in person.

Another moccasin boot I saw recently that I was really impressed with is Rogues Gallery's moc boot - not nearly as rugged as any of these, but the leather is amazingly soft, and they are a much lower profile. Here's a link: http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp;jsessionid=73626E9BF813F6C22DAC27081B212AD7.jvm2?product=ROGU-MZ1

ROGU-MZ1_V1.jpg

That Arrow site doesn't seem to give any info.

- option of gum soles?

- international shipping? Prices?

- choice of colour?

nothing!

hmmmm?

The lined ones look very nice for autumn, wondering how they'll hold up to rain, even with the gunm soles.

I talked with sufu member moykky from finland, who said that arrowmoc had 70$ quoted as shipping price.. he ordered from someplace else.

It seems quoddy trail are easier to deal with, and probably has cheaper shipping aswell. They have alot of choices of different leathers and soles too.

• 1 month later...

FWIW, A simple email to Arrow revealed they do have the option of crepe soles on anything. Only negative is that you can't get it resoled for the $50. Just phone in the order.

You guys should check out Yuketen (.com). They're in American Rag and Barracuda (LA). They're hunting boot is similar to Quoddy but, according to Quoddy Trail's pictures, Yuketen definitely has more crepe reinforcement. This is reflected in the price. They have these earth chukkas that are reminiscent of Clarks' Originals Natalies.

I was dying for a pair of mocs a year or so ago and happened upon these...

http://www.quoddytrail.com/

Maine made, I gotta represent. I never ended up getting a pair, hmm...might be the next footwear purchase.

*Edit* Someone already posted this link...sorry, I got a little trigger happy when I saw the mocs discussion and didn't read the whole thread.

Yeah I'll say that I called Quoddy at the end of last week and they answered the phone right away...no runarounds...very nice lady by the name of Debbie answered all of my questions.

For us city dwellers...we'll want to go with the Camp or Crepe sole for concrete and wet weather.

i just searched for pictures of arrow stuff on google, and i got lead to a rautken site that's selling them for something like 34,000 yen. that's like $300, which makes me feel better about the markup it costs to get a pair of jeans over here from japan.

on another note, I live in Mass, so i'm going to go out on a limb and say that I might be able to pick up some stuff for people interested, I could send them overseas as gifts and maybe the shipping would be less?

Saw Arrow Mocs @ August in Oakland, so if you're in the San Francisco area... Will have to try them on next time I'm there.

They're nice, I tried them on a while back but the leather sole on the ring moc was not something I liked at the time. These shoes are amazingly quiet. That bothers me a little. However, they're really comfortable. After a little oiling, they conform nicely, though they're not too stiff to begin with.