Menswear brands/americans/the market

mouko

Sorry, when you commented at that time I was getting mad hate from silly kids on LJ communities I used to be a member of. So anything annoying I blocked.

All the "fashion" communities were more interested in starting drama than discussing fashion..and since I am generally passionate about my work/hobbies, everyone singled me out as some sort of pretentious faux-expert. What's your LJ? I'll add you.

same as here, onemancult.

i was dying to vouch for a particular font back when you were designing the logo,

but as luck would have it, it seems our tastes converged.

I think it's important to realize the effect that the "high street stores" of Europe have on fashion and purchasing trends. For one, a lot of small boutiques in European cities see a decline in business if they don't offer something more worthwhile than the copy-cat stores are more affordable. There are positives and negatives when it comes to this. The average consumer won't see a difference in the trendy jacket from Topshop as compared with the "trendy" jacket from Junya Watanabe. On the other hand, high streets get fashion out there in public - it is acceptable to want to look sharp or "stylish" in these societies. It also pushes those who want to differentiate themselves from the average consumer to look to more forward fashion boutiques and stores that offer something different.

America seems to lack this sense of need/want/desire to look or be perceived as being fashionable. Girls, for one, don't care if a guy looks cool. In fact, a lot of American girls I know tend to want a guy who is really basic and moderately sloppy. It makes the girl look more stylish and feel better about herself. Yeah, this is a primitive way of looking at things, but I think some of it may ring true for the 18-35 age group.